37 gal needs fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonForce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So Im getting a 37 gallon reef setup, already have plans to add a pec clown+host and a lawnmower blenny. I got room for maybe 3 more fish, any suggestions? Some colorful fish that aren't to hard to take care of would be nice. Thanks!

not so sure a lm blenny can be supported in a tank that small. What are the equipment specifics of this set up?

Yeah, Lanmower blennies need lots of algae, and from what I have heard, usually do not readily accept algae sheets. For fish, I would go with a coral beauty and some type of firefish.

I revised my fish

1 yellow watchman goby
2 pec Clown Fish
1 Fridmani Pseudochromis
1 pgymy Angelfish

List of inverts I would like as well

10 turbo snails
10 reg leg hermits
5 dwarf zebra hermits
5 blue leg hermits
5 nassarius snails
1 queen conch
1 brittle star
1 cleaner shrimp
1 fighting conch
1 pistol shrimp(for the goby)
5 nerite snails

let me know what you think

Queen Conch's get pretty big, you might want to leave that one off your list. I am not sure if the two shrimp will be ok, that is a question for someone else. The rest looks fine although I would say at that point, you are certainly maxed out in the fish department.(maybe a bit overstocked)

I had a pygmy angel once and much prefer my coral beauty now for color and activity. The pygmy is a caribean fish also if that matters to you since the other choices you made are pacific based. Both are siad to be reef safe, but I have heard it can be hit or miss.

I would not rule out a clown goby either I personally liked the green clown for coloration.

I would think the coral beauty would be to large, the pgymy is suppose to be small but I am just starting out at this hobby so i would not know. I can even pass on the angel fish idea all together and go with something else. I am up for ideas!

I would think the coral beauty would be to large, the pgymy is suppose to be small but I am just starting out at this hobby so i would not know. I can even pass on the angel fish idea all together and go with something else. I am up for ideas!

Back
Top Bottom