3rd week cycling... Readings???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes a cycle stalls for a bit, it'll work itself out,

It is still reading the same as before. I do see some browning on my white Rock that is in there. Is this algae? I also put in coralline algae on Saturday that I cot from my lfs. Where do you think that I am at in this cycle process. Ammonia is 0 rates and rites are both pinned. They have been like that for at least 2 weeks. Ty

It is still reading the same as before. I do see some browning on my white Rock that is in there. Is this algae? I also put in coralline algae on Saturday that I cot from my lfs. Where do you think that I am at in this cycle process. Ammonia is 0 rates and rites are both pinned. They have been like that for at least 2 weeks. Ty

Nitrates aren't your real tell tell signs. Yeah they will go up but if you have nitrite levels still present then the tank is still cycling. Did you use any live rock or was it all dry rock? I've never seen live rock be that white. You may need to get couple pounds of good cured live rock and seed the tank. Doesn't seem like you should still have much, if any, readings in the 8th week of cycling

Nitrates aren't your real tell tell signs. Yeah they will go up but if you have nitrite levels still present then the tank is still cycling. Did you use any live rock or was it all dry rock?

It is a 20g tank with about 25lbs of uncured live rock. When I first put it the tank the next day the smell was horrific. Since then the smell went away. Thats what I used as my ammonia source. I do have some local caught very small crabs in there. Prob like 4 of them. But they are really small.

image-3297367882.jpg

image-1999047379.jpg

I use rodi water for top offs and when I first rilles the tank. I have media in the filter active carbon in the filter and a sponge. I have to be doing something wrong.

It is a 20g tank with about 25lbs of uncured live rock. When I first put it the tank the next day the smell was horrific. Since then the smell went away. Thats what I used as my ammonia source. I do have some local caught very small crabs in there. Prob like 4 of them. But they are really small.

I use rodi water for top offs and when I first rilles the tank. I have media in the filter active carbon in the filter and a sponge. I have to be doing something wrong.

Never mind scratch that post I didn't realize you had high jacked neekers thread I was basing everything off his tank. Make your own thread so we can follow it better. Too much work to keep up with 2 tanks in one thread

Never mind scratch that post I didn't realize you had high jacked neekers thread I was basing everything off his tank. Make your own thread so we can follow it better. Too much work to keep up with 2 tanks in one thread

Check out my threads that I started. Or type in question about my cycle. That is my thread I started.

I guess, I never realized there was a second tank to deal with, or had forgotten about it, anyhow
@jonnypro, what i'm reading is that you only used what was on the uncured lr as your ammonia source? it's very possible that it wasnt enough to finish your cycle, and you need to add a raw shrimp or dose ammonia to get this thing started again.

I guess, I never realized there was a second tank to deal with, or had forgotten about it, anyhow
@jonnypro, what i'm reading is that you only used what was on the uncured lr as your ammonia source? it's very possible that it wasnt enough to finish your cycle, and you need to add a raw shrimp or dose ammonia to get this thing started again.

Well since I have crabs in there I cannot use ammonia and shrimp. But the crags are creating a bio load because there was a few days there was ammonia and then the next day it was gone. It pops up at .25-.50 then it's gone the next day. But the rates and rites are still pinned when it a like that. So there has to be a bioload in order for there to me rates and rites. Because the rites eat the ammonia the make rates. Am I right?¿ Ty. Sorry for all the confusion.

Check out my threads that I started. Or type in question about my cycle. That is my thread I started.
Actualy NEEKER4 started this thread and you jumped in on the #52 reply page 6. You get inaccurate answers when you jump into someone elses thread due the fact that every saltwater tank is set up different. Not trying to police the site, I'm just saying that i answered your question using information from NEEKER4's tank setup. So if it had been anything other than simple fishless cycling you could have ended up with tank damaging advice.

Actualy NEEKER4 started this thread and you jumped in on the #52 reply page 6. You get inaccurate answers when you jump into someone elses thread due the fact that every saltwater tank is set up different. Not trying to police the site, I'm just saying that i answered your question using information from NEEKER4's tank setup. So if it had been anything other than simple fishless cycling you could have ended up with tank damaging advice.

Yes this is someone else's thread. I also said that this is my 3rd week cycle. Because this is we're I was at with my tank. You can see that I was not NEEKEER4 from my name. I was just on the same part that he was when he created this thread.

Yes this is someone else's thread. I also said that this is my 3rd week cycle. Because this is we're I was at with my tank. You can see that I was not NEEKEER4 from my name. I was just on the same part that he was when he created this thread.
Ok I'm done. maybe you'll see that his tank is different completely and advice for him may not suit you. No one that i know goes back to the 1st page to see who the OP is. Its just common courtesy to begin your own thread and not highjack.

Back
Top Bottom