$4.00 Deal I got

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astride13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had to share this with someone since my wife matches my LFS spending at the mall.

I found some polyps at the LFS just laying on the sand. I asked if I could buy them, and the guy was like "why do you want them?". He finally agreed to sell the larger "mint green one", a colony of 3 "orange and blue" and a pulsating xenia that was 1/4" tall all for $4.00. The pulsating xenia hasn't opened up in one day yet, but the zoos look great.

If this grow like my others have, I will have some to trade in about one month.

This picture was the best angle I could get. You can see the big one (just over 1/2" diameter) and the colony of three in front (there is actually a forth polyp that is very small that you can see in between).

4dollarzoos.jpg

I have a 4x65 Power compact with 50/50s. Seems to be more than enough on a 55 gallon. I have a bunch of different polyps and a big sebae. I don't plan on adding to this tank for now. I am waiting to get everything together for my next tank.

whatd o u recomend for me i have a 90 gal if i wanan do like moderate lighting???? and how much ? 48 inch i have a regular triple AGA fixurte and whatever bulbs it came with

I buy all my lighting from http://www.reefgeek.com. You can DIY for about $200 and have quad 96w bulbs. They would be 36", but you can just get some extra lighting in the middle of the tank. They also have some complete fixtures and seem to be the cheapest that I could find.

and what kina lighting woudl it be considered u know like moderate high pro etc tec?

whatd o u recomend for me i have a 90 gal if i wanan do like moderate lighting???? and how much ? 48 inch

Everything depends on what you want to keep.

For *moderate* lighting, I'd suggest straight VHO or PC - what astride13 suggested was a good option.

"High" lighting usually refers to Metal Halide lighting - suggested if you want to keep sps/clams/anemones.

Back
Top Bottom