$4,000 into build and my wife said get rid of the tank !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smithcinema

Aquarium Advice Activist
First the lighting was noisy as [moderator edit] !! Fixed that returned the 8 bulb t5ho lighting due to fan noise and purchased led lights now silent !! But the wet dry is noisy as [moderator edit] the durso pipe is silent no noise at all but in the cabinet it sounds like a running toilet gurgling !!! Put insulation and all way to loud some one help me save my tank !!! There got to be a trick !! I'm using a silent durso 1 1/4 with a 1 1/4 bulkhead under the tank a 1 1/4 reducer to a 1in street L connected to my flex hose to the street L on the wet dry l !! I know it is not going to be silent but it has to be better than this !! I'm not worry about running water sound but have to stop the gurgling !!

Last edited by a moderator:
wet/drys are usually loud because the water falls on top of more water. if you were using just a sump where the overflow could be down deep into the water you wouldn't really hear any falling water.

thats said even a wet/dry isn't that loud and neither are fans on a T5HO fixture

agreed I dont even notice the fans on my t5 and find the light overflow noise relaxing

use sponges to break the fall of the water. Also, stick a HARD piece of tubing in the top of the overflow spout ..there should be a hole at the very top (in the overflow chamber) - Place the tubing in and it will reduce the gurgling.

ill post a video of the wet dry , the lighting i had was super loud the nova pro had 2 go even i said it was loud.. the less work out great

Back
Top Bottom