4 clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurtyboh

Aquarium Advice Addict
would it be overcrowded if I had 4 clowns in a 29gal, or does that not leave enough room for my cuc? (shrimp & hermit crabs)

your CUC doesn't count towards your bioload, but yes 4 clowns in a 29 is way to many and there is bound to be a massicure

darn... I was hoping to get a picasso clown pr., my wife wants blacks though....
I thought well if I get an established pr., she can have a couple of juvenile blacks. I guess she'll have to pick out some other fish, or I'll have to compromise and get one picasso and one black.

Well first off they get aggressive. Thats why it's a good idea to get a pair. I've seen those black ocellaris pair with the normal ocellaris though.

-Dylan

A pair of Black Ocellaris Clowns would be the best way to go. It's never good to mix and match clowns. They get aggressive towards eachother and it becomes a catastrophe. But, a pair of clowns would do great in a 29g. Is it a Biocube?

I can handle a dominoe and a black ice snowflake combo, or even a black and and well still a black ice snowflake!!!
Thanks, for that I have looked at the ora page many times, I didnt even think to look and see the type listing... which is why I was like "why would the color matter if it's the same fish???"
anyhow thanks once again guys this will solve a problem that I'm sure would have come up in the future.
Now the only problem is price, but can one be put on happiness?

Just make sure you hold it at 2 and it will be ok. There will be a fight over dominance but that should work itself out. At least your wife will be half happy having one black clown.

Yeah, I knew about the dominance thing... dom turns female next in line is male then the harem of juve's. and that's where this thread really started, cuz according to the 1/3in/gal rule 29 just fits (well the tank I'm looking at is 34 with sump). I can settle for 2 clowns and look for some other small fish.

@george I dont know if it's considered a biocube, but its the redsea max 130d. (not purchased yet, but top on my list)

That 1/3" is really old hat. A clownfish is a Damsel and as such will take over your whole tank in due time. Saltwater fish are alot more territorial then freshwater fish.

Back
Top Bottom