Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

40 breeder

So i have been using this app for a while now and have made a few post but have never really been smart enough to be patient and wait everything out. I have always wanted to go the cheap way for everything to save money but it has always come back to bite me in the butt. Well this time i have taken my time and have use a lot of what I have learned on this site. So i have taken everything down that i have and started a new 40 breeder.
The tank has been cycling for about a month now. I am running just a bubble magus NAC5 HOB skimmer with a jebao WP25. I have around 50 lbs of dry rock and about 15-20 lbs of live rock. I have about a three inch sand bed. I am running a taotronics 120w dimmable led light about 8-10 inches off the water.
I know this is a pretty long post but i have a few questions. I want to have lps, softies, and sps corals. Will this light be able to support SPS by itself or should i invest in another one? I am welcome to any feedback. I should be posting some pictures of the progress some time soon.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #2

light

i heard the taotronics can grow any kind of coral and support anemones.
How do you like your jebao wp 25?

Old 12-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #3

So far so good. I love the different setting and i was a little skeptical at first but it's turned out good. I would recommend it.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com