40 Breeder Stocking List !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JsQuid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good evening you all, I estimate my tank has roughly two weeks left in the cycling process. This is my first reef so I'm searching for assistance. For my tank, I'm hoping to have a group of collective, hard workers that are beautiful! I know it sounds a bit weird, however I'm looking to stock the tank with fish and invertebrates that will help clean the tank, especially from any algae, glass, rock and everything else. Any tips on a good clean up crew to introduce? Also, I'm very interested in 2 clowns, Pom Pom Crab, and Flame Angel Fish. I'm hoping to build around these guys? Thanks for any input and advice!

Hi and congrats on your first reef tank. Cuc(clean up crew) good for fish waste, dead decaying things and leftover fish food and are reef safe are nassarius snails. Good for parasites and nuisance critters are shrimp(peppermint and cleaner shrimps). Good for 3d bubble hair and thick algae are eaten by most crabs. Good for Flat glass algae are margarita,cerith, and turbo snails. Good for leftovers and waste are hermit crabs. These are all reef safe and are a good starter cuc. For later on you can get more advanced cuc like starfish(clean up your diatoms, cucumbers(clean sand), and feather dusters. Careful though some corals require a couple or few months of a mature reef to live in an aquarium. This is a really rewarding hobby. Good luck!:dance:

Thanks for the response! Any idea of how many of each is necessary or recommended?

It really all depends on how many fish you plan on keeping. If there is nothing for them to clean/eat, then they will slowly die. Add them slowly based on your needs.

I understand that. I was just trying to come up with some numbers to help calculate the costs. Any idea on what would stock well with the 40 breeder?

Snails are usually $1-3
Crabs are usually $5-15
Shrimp are usually $10-50
Starfish are usually $10-40
Feather dusters are usually$ 5-20
Hermits are $.50-6
Like the other person said it depends on your livestock.

I meant for the fish, sorry about the confusion. I meant what would go well to assist the flame angel, pair of clowns, and a Pom Pom crab.

Anything no longer than a max of 4 inches. It also should be comparable with your other inhabitants including inverts.

Okay great. That should definitely give me some decent options!

Back
Top Bottom