40 Gallon Breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for asking Pisces, surgery went great but turns out I've got stage 3 colon cancer. I don't mind people knowing cuz I'm encouraging everyone to get colonoscopies. Mine was discovered during a routine screening. Chemo in 2 weeks, fingers crossed. I feel strong and I'm gonna kick it! At least I've got plenty of time to reef!

Thanks for asking Pisces, surgery went great but turns out I've got stage 3 colon cancer. I don't mind people knowing cuz I'm encouraging everyone to get colonoscopies. Mine was discovered during a routine screening. Chemo in 2 weeks, fingers crossed. I feel strong and I'm gonna kick it! At least I've got plenty of time to reef!

Wow! That's heavy news. You've got a great attitude. Never Give Up! (y)

Here's the latest everyone. I picked up a Dragon Goby on Thursday! It's been sifting sand and cruisin since then. It's a hider until the light comes on and then goes out and about. Looking for food and spitin gravel. The DG is cool, here's a pic:

Attachments

• DG Small.jpg
    DG Small.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 98
Picked up my Yellow Eye Tang, Golden Stripe Maroon, some LR and a Frogspawn. Not to happy with the new Reefscape yet but I've placed the Frogspawn, it opened right away after I placed in the tank. Sorry for no pics, it was a long day.

New Inhabitants

Here's the pics everybody, I'm gonna redo the scape so no tank shot.

Attachments

• Frogspawn.jpg
    Frogspawn.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Baby Clown.jpg
    Baby Clown.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Yellow Eye.jpg
    Yellow Eye.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 75
that kole looks like he found a nice hiding spot just like my coral beauty lmao
at first when I saw the pict of your clown I thought he had 2 heads lol than I figured it out I wasn't wearing my glasses:D

Is that tang going to fit in that tank?! Its such a beautiful fish! If it can fit comfortably in a 40, I may have to get one later on down the road :)

Evan has a good point will need to be re-homed when he gets big

img_2460880_0_ae88378307cd9b52a46a9ab81ea9943e.png

beautiful fish though

I messed up when I read the description originally, I thought the large size was the maximum size. I'll keep him till he gets too big, maybe he'll be easier to catch... He is pretty though, I hope he comes out a bit more when he gets comfy. Here's a before and after of the tank:

Attachments

• Full Tank 4-25.jpg
    Full Tank 4-25.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Full Tank 5-3.jpg
    Full Tank 5-3.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 161
is that triangle shaped rock glued in place if not wait till that maroon clown gets bigger
he will knock it over or just out right haul it across the tank or even break the glass

I know this cause my clarkie does it he moves rocks 4X his size with no problem he is like the incredible hulk
don't be surprised when you put something where you want it and the next morn its on the total opposite side now I put things where I don't want them cause he puts them where he wants most of the time right where I was going to put it lol
he drives me nuts

Yeah that rock is really cool, I think I've got some time before 'Helen' can move that rock. Even so, I'll be moving things around again, Although I really do like the layout I've got right now. I'm planning on putting a nem in, of course I'd like it to stay on the right side but who knows, now it's time to sit back watch and let things happen. I have found some really cool corals, there is at least one or ten more I want to get.

How can I maintain algae in my sump? So it will stay out of my display tank? My sump is only a 30 gallon tank with the outtake and sock nd protein slimmer return pump nd heaters no dividing glasses is it possible to maintain algae down there or will it grow all over the place?

How can I maintain algae in my sump? So it will stay out of my display tank? My sump is only a 30 gallon tank with the outtake and sock nd protein slimmer return pump nd heaters no dividing glasses is it possible to maintain algae down there or will it grow all over the place?
It will not go all over the place unless it hits the return pump. I would want a partition in that sump though. Hypothetically, what if the algae blows over to the return and clogs it when you are not home?

Found my juvenile Golden Stripe stuck to the HOB filter intake this morning. I'd noticed he hadn't really been eating but I'd only had him a short time. I'm bummed!

RIP Tommy :sorry:

Back
Top Bottom