40 gallon breeder SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh ok thanks, is aquarium1 the 12 year old?Oh so that means that you like different types of tanks and you have different types of tanks?Thanks,I'll ask at my lfs.

lol I'm pretty sure everyone on this board likes different sizes and styles of tanks ;)

Well, now for the truth.............."I'm the 12 year old"!
Or was that my Scotch?????

Really you're the 12 year old!!LOL!!

I'm actually gonna go for a 75 gallon FOWLR tank with:

x1 yellowhead jawfish
x1 sixline wrasse
x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x1 flame angelfish

Looks like a fine list. You could even add another fish if you wanted. I would be weary of the six line wrasse though. They may get aggressive as they get older. A fairy wrasse is a beautiful wrasse that you could get one of.

Don't recall there being a 12 year old on here. I was 12 when I first joined as a freshie. I have since moved over to the dark (salty) side. Aquarium1 and I are both 14.

I agree, there is no age limit to a tank, it all depends on the amount of time and money you are willing to dedicate to the tank. As mfd said, maturity is also a big factor so you can decide what is best for each fish, and not what YOU want.

I say go for it! Grab some base rock and do 75% base rock then get 25% live rock to help lower the cost of the rock. The base rock will eventually become live. I would keep pajama cardinals in your stock list as they don't add much to your bioload and are nice to have. Just get 3 as they like to be in odd numbered groups of 3 or more.

Hope this helps.

Okay thanks a bunch!!I really want a long-nosed hawkfish so a I think I should make the list like this:

75 gallon FOWLR:

x1 YH jawfish
x1 sixline wrasse
x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x1 flame angel
x3 pj cardinal
x1 long-nosed hawkfish
Also I saw at one of my lfstores that a flame angel was 80$!!And a long-nosed hawkfish are 70$!!

Back
Top Bottom