40 Gallon Breeder vs Standard Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

worldwide

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm deciding between a 40 gallon breeder tank (36"L x 18"W x 16"H) vs standard (48"L x 12"W x 16"H). Which is better? Also....Why?

With the 48" you get more swimming room left and right. Some fish need that. But.... you lose depth for rock stacked against the back with "out front" room. 6 inches May not be that big a deal. What are you wanting to keep in the tank?

I currently have a 40 gallon tall (30"L x 12"W x 24"H) with 2 ocel clown fish, 1 royal gamma and some hermit crabs. The tank is tooo tall for T5s. I want to switch to the 40 gallon breeder tank or the long so i can get some better lights for coral. Not sure what kind of coral i want yet.

I ended up getting the 40 gallon breeder tank. Im now looking at getting T5 lights. Would i be able to have softy, LPS and SPS coral if i got the Current Nova Extreme Pro T5s (256 watts)? Or should i just get the Nova Extreme (156 watts)? I don't want to spend extra money if its not going to improve the coral i can get. Suggestions...thoughts

Back
Top Bottom