44 gal corner pentagon stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgraz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well here it is set up and waiting for my numbers to drop.
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2 and weights %3.
img_1542604_1_60613223779fe69067bec6f2d9293b71.jpg

40 lbs of live rock does not really look like much. I tried to go higher with it but this layout seemed nicest to me. I had 43 lbs but had to dump a piece to make room for those plates that found thier way into my tank. Probably ready for fish next weekend. My son said we have to start with a clown. most likely gonna do two.
Also any suggestions on other fish would be more then welcomed. This was gonna be a FOWLR but I have a feeling that by the new year it will start getting coral since im already looking for different lighting possibilities. I have some open space in the top area, im gonna add more rock and time passes. Are there any fish that will enjoy the air up there. Im also gonna get thrashed for this but my firend in getting prepared to start a 125 gal reef, and has suggested that he will buy a small yellow eyed kole tang for me to keep for a bit till he is ready. He figures around Feb/Mar. I told him Im not sure and I'd have to get back to him. Would that be possible for a little while?
Anyway thanks for looking and keep the suggestions coming.
Graz
Here is another view
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2 and weights %3.
img_1542604_3_9d31f51803b01372dc547391077f87e2.jpg

Ok so my numbers are go and I ready to add. Was planning on just 2 clowns this weekend. However , how many can/should be added at once. Really I am gonna try to take it slow but you never know what my son is gonna see when he gets to the store.

Ok so my numbers are go and I ready to add. Was planning on just 2 clowns this weekend. However , how many can/should be added at once. Really I am gonna try to take it slow but you never know what my son is gonna see when he gets to the store.
Yes,you should add the 2 clowns together ,,and maybe next weekend you could add another fish...
Nice looking set-up too,,i like the tall pentagons,,they do limit you in stock though...a royal gramma would do good in there too

The tang will be ok in there till March as long as its small

Thanks, I'm trying to get a little height on the rock but its not going well. Are there any fish that will occupy the upper column. Not sure about the tang now, if he does get it it will be pretty small though.

The way I gained height with my LR was by creating caves. I have a little more room to play with than you- but maybe it would work for you as well. Plus, the fish love the cave system I have set up.

Lol. Thanks. It only took me three days of rearranging 100lbs of LR to get it where I wanted it.

Well the stocking has begun. Started with 2 Ocellaris Clowns yesterday. Then today I got a hair up my you know what and Had to get more Rock. I'd like to thank Mr.X who pointed out the Hidden Reef near me, man i wish I found that earlier, would have saved me a ton on rock. But I picked up anoth 15lbs and now im up to 57lbs in a 44 gal. pentagon. Here is a pick of the tank and you can see the 2 clowns out exploring 1 on top 1 bottom.
img_1552417_0_05f4a382d704e87ae149d83bfd92e4ac.jpg

While I was there I picked up this guy
img_1552417_1_a5465e34715ce410e21ec4269298476b.jpg

Im gonna stay put for a week or so. My stock list so far is as follows.
Fish:
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Purple Firefish
CUC:
2 Blue Legged Hermits
1 Red Legged Hermit
3 Astreal Snails
2 Nassarius Snails
Countless stars that came with rock
And recently discovered bristle worms Are they ok?

Well thanks for looking and keep suggestions coming
Graz

Back
Top Bottom