46 gal corner reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serenity09

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 46 gal corner tank an my bf wants it to be a reef. The tank is not drilled im not sure what kind of glass it Is made out of. I'm not really into reef tanks so looking for suggestions on equipment and livestock. The stand is small and would probably only be able to fit a 10 gallon sump. I know that I don't like sps corals, I like the look of lps. Any help is much appreciated thank u.

Guess no one has any ideas. If it helps my center piece coral is going to be the black tube coral. I am still researching it I would like some red, red/orange, blue, purple or green colored coral to put with it if possible.

For livestock I would look at a firefish, cardinals, clown fish, royal gramma, or a reef safe wrasse. Those all do well in reefs and are pretty hardy imo.

Thanks for the replies. I have 3 clownfish in another tank I was thinking of putting in there. Do u think if I split them up the two that I keep together would continue to breed without the third one?

I've been looking up different lps and I definitely don't like ones that look like rugs or flat ones. I like the flowing ones.

I have two of those eshopps skimmers and really like them. :)

I wouldnt put 3 clowns in the same tank, too much risk of it going bad. :-(

otherwise the list looks good I think. For flowy corals look at frogspawn, torches and hammer corals. They blow in the flow really nicely.

I would personally look into the pulsing Xenia i love mine grows easily too

The clowns have been together almost 3 years with no problem. They also breed from time to time :)

Yea I had a female and after a couple months I put in two small males and they did the twitching and chasing. Since then no problems at all

They do. Idk if they survive as I have never attempted to save the fry.

Back
Top Bottom