46 gallon tall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright well I've been a while since I last checked I haven't been in the mood to come on until my tank was all set up. With that said I finally got the new tank on Friday. Painted it on Saturday. And set it up on Sunday.

Just to let some of u guys know what I've been up to. I got in contact with this guy on Craigslist that was selling some live rock. He had a 125 reef in the wall of his basement. Really nice guy so I get to his house and we start going through rock and I told him I wanted 50 lbs. Well after going through it and talking to him for awhile he ends up giving me about 80 lbs and for 100 bucks and this is the good stuff it have mushrooms and Caroline algae all over it.

So when were standing outside of his house he tells me he has a bunch of stuff in his garage I can have if I want. Well to sum it all up he ends up giving me a acrylic sump/fuge, mag drive 3, a pho.sban reactor, calcium reactor and co2 tank, a hole bag of new filter socks, fuge light, korilia power head, and believe it or not a 1/3 HP chiller and a bunch of little things. I mean this guy was like Santa to me. And all I payed him was a hundred buck. Like I said he was a really nice guy but I made out like a bandit

I'll post some pictures later when I get home yesterday was like Christmas

Thanks I mean I couldn't believe it he just kept saying "oh u can have this" and pack my truck full of stuff. He downsized his tank to a 39 gallon cube I kinda felt bad because he had his yellow tang and a huge clown in there but his corals were awesome

Thanks I mean I couldn't believe it he just kept saying "oh u can have this" and pack my truck full of stuff. He downsized his tank to a 39 gallon cube I kinda felt bad because he had his yellow tang and a huge clown in there but his corals were awesome

Things have a way of working themselves out. Sounds like you made a great score, Paul. :)

I feel like I did. Larry I'm Sorry I didn't reply to your email its was a very busy weekend for me but give me a call tonight and well catch up.

here are some pictures of the new tank and new aquascaping

img_1554319_0_7ec7c33203646d6d6703c1ba9a7e7ab3.jpg

img_1554319_1_14ece14a0bef2c9d41824be4b08503b3.jpg

img_1554319_2_b6c27c34812ca86229d9510ecc9392d8.jpg

ok i know nobody really cares but im gonna post anyway here are a few more pictures of the new tank... aslo a few pics of the new bio-pellet reactor (wish i had room for it under the tank. also a pic of my fowlr almost ready for my damsel and a few more other aggressive fish well see

img_1557443_0_f386322ca45a958852865abbd1648112.jpg

img_1557443_1_59fd973227e33d6973b503f8985c63cf.jpg
img_1557443_2_e93782d62d657873ee2bb68f7b0a4d38.jpg
img_1557443_3_1cc562898cab3b7b6741ec62fccdea53.jpg
img_1557443_4_fa3a60d67c817c299a6fa37cdd7ec73b.jpg
img_1557443_5_c298a7f1784207965f7e3970bd8c96d6.jpg
img_1557443_6_97d6190233da71de6f483f057ba5a5e4.jpg

hope u guys like it let me know what u think

Yes I did I shut down the hole system atleast once a day. It fill my sump up to there I have like a 1.5 inches of space left over once the dt is all drained and all siphons have been broken allot of thought and planning when into that factor.

paulweck said:
Yes I did I shut down the hole system atleast once a day. It fill my sump up to there I have like a 1.5 inches of space left over once the dt is all drained and all siphons have been broken allot of thought and planning when into that factor.

Sounds great,do you have a backup generator.Ya 'll have some bad storms in PA .

No I don't have a back up generator built in to the house. But I have a portable one if I really need. It's funny we've had some really bad weather this year but haven't lost power once I've had 2 blocks away from my house go out but never here aslong as I've lived here for the past year and a half.

paulweck said:
No I don't have a back up generator built in to the house. But I have a portable one if I really need. It's funny we've had some really bad weather this year but haven't lost power once I've had 2 blocks away from my house go out but never here aslong as I've lived here for the past year and a half.

I don't have one built into the house either,have a portable one.If you hadn't had the generator I bet you would have lost power for sure.LOL
Of course winter coming.
My is for piece of mind,not having one I would worry myself crazy every time hurricane or snowstorm was mentioned.We have a lot of money in our livestock after awhile.Besides I gotta have my tv to watch.LOL

Hahaha ya its not a big concern to me. In my last house I lost power all the time its a bad spot and with the last storm they were out of power for 52 hours and I had power here the hole time. But when I live there and we would loose power I would run the gen to power the fridge and the tv to. So if the power ever goes out here I won't care about the fridge more my tank I can stock my fridge no problem losing my fish that would be a big problem

If I lost power for a long duration it would be a toss up who expired first, me or the fish. I am lost without my CPap machine. Really need to get me a generator. ****, and we even sell them. LOL

rdnelson99 said:
If I lost power for a long duration it would be a toss up who expired first, me or the fish. I am lost without my CPap machine. Really need to get me a generator. ****, and we even sell them. LOL

Oh man,you're kidding,you can do your own whole house install and get everything at cost right.?
I know you have ice storms some winters.

Oh man,you're kidding,you can do your own whole house install and get everything at cost right.?
I know you have ice storms some winters.

Even at cost though, a whole house is more than I can stomach right now. :( We do get some ice storms but the Severe Thunderstorms like the one we had yesterday are the biggest worry. But, in the 5 years I have been in this house we have lost power only 2 times other than the blip here and there. One of those times was because of a problem in our neighborhood. I am in the direct path of most of the tornados that come through the Atlanta area but they always jump over my neighborhood. Oh man, I shouldn't have said that out loud huh??? :facepalm:

rdnelson99 said:
Even at cost though, a whole house is more than I can stomach right now. :( We do get some ice storms but the Severe Thunderstorms like the one we had yesterday are the biggest worry. But, in the 5 years I have been in this house we have lost power only 2 times other than the blip here and there. One of those times was because of a problem in our neighborhood. I am in the direct path of most of the tornados that come through the Atlanta area but they always jump over my neighborhood. Oh man, I shouldn't have said that out loud huh??? :facepalm:

Hope your luck continues.

Back
Top Bottom