Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, looks good. the rockwork is nice, makes the tank full without making it seem crowded.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ya that was my goal to get as much in there without over packing and wanted some nice caves and this rock has so many holes in it, it makes for great homes for everybody i just cant wait till i start filling with corals.

paulweck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice FINatic

question for u carey or any others. i was thinking on a anemone for my clowns but wondering if my lighting would be good enough? my current setup is a 4 bulb 39w each bulb.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You know there's no absolute guarantee that they will host right? I had one and it was more trouble than it was worth lol

What kind of light is it? Does it have individual reflectors? And what bulbs ya got? If it's a quality setup I don't see why not..
Old 09-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice FINatic

im not sure what kinda bulbs there are but it is a odssea fixture and no individual reflectors but it is quite bright
Old 09-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #66
Aquarium Advice FINatic

also i do understand there is 50/50 chance that they will host. what are the type of troubles u have dealt with
Old 09-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweck
question for u carey or any others. i was thinking on a anemone for my clowns but wondering if my lighting would be good enough? my current setup is a 4 bulb 39w each bulb.
I don't think your lights are enough to maintain an anemone,best with MH's.Also to even have a shot your tank needs to be running and stable for at least a year.I agree with Carey,the worry of keeping one alive and it not nuking your tank when it dies is just not worth it,plus if your clowns end up hosting they will just stay with it all the time.
Most people will say I have one,had it a few months,very few will say I've had one for a year or more.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweck View Post
heres a video of my tanks let me know what u guys think CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE THE VIDEO
Fantastic aquarium! I love the red sea star!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know people who have anemones that split about once a year. The make sure they keep their light bulbs changed and feed them twice a week. I also know people that got an anemone and with in a week it went for a walk into their powerhead. I have several different types I have 3 maxi mini, a rock and a bubble tip, I got the bubble tip so my clown wouldn't kill the coral that it decided to host. I have also doubled my water changes from one a week to twice a week in the tank with the bubble tip. I also change my bulbs every 6 months instead of every 12.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ya after much thought I've decided not to get a anemone. I wasn't planning on getting one anytime soon anyway just was doing reseach.

Tags
46 gallon, 6 gallon, build, tall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com