47g Column Tank lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saratj1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am new to the forum, I have been lurking for a couple weeks but this is my first post so Hello all,

Here's my question:

I have been looking/ talking to LFS about lighting my 47g column for eventual reef and corals, I understand that having a column style tank presents problems as far as lighting goes so I was looking around online and found something and was looking for input from the forum thanks in advance for any advice.

Here's the light I was thinking about buying
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I bought the 48 in Odyssea. Not a bad setup. They said it had a 14k halides in it but they looked like it was about 10k to me. I have only had my for about 5 months and I have not had any problems. Knock on wood!!!!

Thanks for the reply I was also looking at the 18" Odyssea MH light but its only 150w, but it would fit my tank better b/c my tank is only 20" wide. I'm torn. Also to complicate things even further both items are no longer in stock.

Try and find their number. Online when I bought mine they said they were out of stock, but they said on the phone they had one. I don't think they update their site very often.

I ended up buying the 24" odyssea metal halide advanced plus, it has a 250w mh , and 4x t5 actinics 24w, just set it up and I'm impressed, looks great puts out a lot of light and seems fairly well made,

View attachment 76694

Back
Top Bottom