48 hour cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdl91881

Aquarium Advice Regular
has anyone every tried the 48 hr cycle product that they sell?

any success or comments

never heard of it.

I am guessing from the name its supposed to cycle your tank in 2 days?

See my sig for my option on such a product.

:)

I would take my time.

its actually called "48 hrs", but im not sure on who makes it

I've seen that before....Eddie Murphy, Nick Nolte...great flick...real funny...oh...wait, wrong forum....I dunno about the product, I tried biozyme when my tank cycled to help...I don't think it did anything, LR and LS helped my tank alot. Good luck.

I got to agree with the previous posters, anything in a bottle that promises to accerate the cycle, especially up to 48 hrs, is suspect. If you want to accelerate your cycle add a good amount of cured LR and LS.

ive used the product TLC. It does work! I didnt do a 48 hour cycle but i did do a 2 week cycle. which cuts the normal cycle time in half. what these product consist of is bacteria. denitrafing bacteria i believe. so it not like a foreign chemical or anything. it just speeds up the build up of benifical bacteria.

Michael, when you used TLC, was it in a brand new aquarium, with all brand new equipment? I have some experience with TLC, and it is quite a bit different than yours....

Yes, it was on a new tanks. ive used it on a 100 gallon, a 125 and a 10. Also it does great to remove ammonia. if something dies and you dont catch it soon enough, when the ammonia goes up this stuff will knock it out in a 24 hr period. most of the time it drastically reduces your loss or avoids it all together. i swear by the stuff. its a must have if you are moving a tank.

with good live rock and live sand you can complish it within 2 weeks.

it might want to wait little bit if you can't you better have lots lR and LS.

good luck

Can anyone who believes that this stuff works, please explain to me, how the bacteria can be kept alive in those bottles for, who knows how long? Maybe months?

We all know how quickly you can lose biofiltration when filters fail.

Back
Top Bottom