5 gal =\

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qb6fire

Aquarium Advice Freak
The gf decided she wants a 5 gal mini reef in her room!!!!
Shoot me know! I have told her it will nit go over very well but she is a strong willed lil woman and wont give up! Well untill i prove her wrong haha

Anyways whats your thoughts and suggestions about this idea

From what I've read about SW, how would that work? I am interested to see where this goes.

qb6fire said:
The gf decided she wants a 5 gal mini reef in her room!!!!
Shoot me know! I have told her it will nit go over very well but she is a strong willed lil woman and wont give up! Well untill i prove her wrong haha

Anyways whats your thoughts and suggestions about this idea

It can be done! Dont worry, we will help! Now, have you any sw experience? Do your best to push for a bigger tank though !

DRad2003 said:
From what I've read about SW, how would that work? I am interested to see where this goes.

You can do 1/2 gallon sw tanks..it is just much harder than say a 30 or 40 gallon tank.

Gboy66 said:
It can be done! Dont worry, we will help! Now, have you any sw experience? Do your best to push for a bigger tank though !

I have my own 24 jbj nano cube been up and running for about 2 months now and everything has been great and i absolutely love it

I think I will be following this then. Provided my betta gets a long with these embers I have coming in I will have an empty 5 gallon as well.

qb6fire said:
I have my own 24 jbj nano cube been up and running for about 2 months now and everything has been great and i absolutely love it

You can do it!! Any specific thing you need help on?

If i was to go thro with this how do you get enough flow without blowing over everything?

qb6fire said:
If i was to go thro with this how do you get enough flow without blowing over everything?

Honestly, i think the filter output would be enough!

That would be true!

Would it be best to have a hood or no hood?

I know with my tank if i leave the top open for a day i have more evaporation than i do with it closed so would that be better to keep any major swings from happening

qb6fire said:
That would be true!

Would it be best to have a hood or no hood?

I know with my tank if i leave the top open for a day i have more evaporation than i do with it closed so would that be better to keep any major swings from happening

Yes defibitly a hood IMO, the more evaporation the more swings of the salinity

Bro a 5 gallon you can have no fish...tell your girlfriend that an i doubt she will want one!

Sounds right to me and with a tank that small would simple led strips be strong enough to support corals?

Back
Top Bottom