5 gallon advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark_the_shark

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any advice on a saltwater 5g tank? What is a good fish to put in? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Only fish I'd put in there is a tiny goby of some sort.
Are you planning on any corals?

I would not put any fish in a five gallon tank. Corals, shrimps or crabs might do ok.

dwarf seahorses? I think they may need at least a 10 tho I read

I think you are missing what everyone is saying. You really need a bigger aquarium. You are taking fish that are used to swimming in an ocean and cramming them into a 5 gallon tank. Nano aquariums for SW are normally 20 gallons. Not trying to be mean, but looking out for the fish that are going into your tank.

I think you are missing what everyone is saying. You really need a bigger aquarium. You are taking fish that are used to swimming in an ocean and cramming them into a 5 gallon tank. Nano aquariums for SW are normally 20 gallons. Not trying to be mean, but looking out for the fish that are going into your tank.
Ahh I see, shucks. Maybe ill make a plant tank or something

Ahh I see, shucks. Maybe ill make a plant tank or something

Nothing wrong with that. If you are brand new to aquariums, that is an easier route to start on before you move to SW, and cheaper too. If you haven't bought the tank yet, I might suggest a 10 gallon as a good amount of fish aside from bettas and some goldfish, need at least 10 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom