54g corner project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Omg!!!! The tank has a leaky seal!!! :'(
GAH.. This is NEVER gonna get uo & running at this rate.
Rant over... Best ideas/suggestions on fixing/redoing seals? Anyone...plz help. thank you in advance

It's the tank that's leaking, dang you don't get know brakes. You might be able to find a thread on it. I saw one awhile back. Really sorry

Yeah Icoukd just cry.... pulled everything out, drained it and low and behold water between the bottom of dt and the top of the stand as well as under the stand too GAH!!!
Crammed live stock back into 12g
water and sand in buckets everywhere. I JUST placed an order for a smaller return pump to coordunate with the darn ivetflow box. I am considering to just by a new tank (predrilled!!!!)
Lfs has a 54g corner PREDRILLED $210. Whatdya think?

Well if it was me I'd go for the new Pre-drilled tank. A lot cleaner set up IMO. No overflow box to worry about and you could even up the gpm on the pump. Just use the one you ordered for back up. I have a smaller one just in case the main malfunctions. My LFS just got a used 54 in again, but the glass is scratched up. I got mine used for $300 with stand, pump and sump, but I had the custom sump built for it. I definitely prefer new stuff, lol used makes me nervous ( fingers crossed)

If the money isn't an issue, I'd go new as well. No leaks to deal with and the HUGE benefit of it being drilled.

Sadly; money is very tight gah but we are deliberating this topic. Also fyi..petco $1/gallon tank sale is coming up!!! Maybe I will make my own refugium and run it up from the basement hmmm...;)

Back
Top Bottom