54g corner project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All info seems to point to needing a "T" with a elbow and down tube to lesson the amount of water fron the return pump back up yo display tank. well...here's to redoing all the plumbing argh

Queston 2... Protein skimmer... Coralife Super Skimmer...Skims white foam but as it comes into the collection cup it goes right out down the clear drain tube hmmm

Omg...i am sooo dumb. There is a lil black plug to cover the spot on the collection cup baahaaahaaa :-Q

Help needed!!! We cannot get the water level/pressure right. it has been two days of back and forth with the pump on then off. what else can we do to find the balance? u-tube in overflow is 100% operational. Return pump seems to be pulling too much water to keep up with overflow

Turn the pump down then :cool:

Pump itself doesn't have a control. shut off we added was turned as far as possible without actually shutting off. get to redo the plumbing with an extra "T" on the return to even the water in vs water out...
yaaay back to waiting booo

Pump itself doesn't have a control. shut off we added was turned as far as possible without actually shutting off. get to redo the plumbing with an extra "T" on the return to even the water in vs water out...
yaaay back to waiting booo

If it doesn't have a control you can add a ball valve to the return line to lessen the flow that way...

One of my mushrooms pulled away and a baby shroom is growing. Where i took off a toadstool i musta left some tissue behind and is also growing a new one...both are pretty cool but...
One of my rocks fully covered in coraline is now mostly green somethin or other hmmm

Here's the green schtuff on top of the coraline. any thoughts as tk wzaxtlg what maybe going on here?

ForumRunner_20130214_230649.jpg

There are various types of coralline algae, one I know of and have in my sump, is the exact green. Great pictures reminds me of my first tank :)

There are various types of coralline algae, one I know of and have in my sump, is the exact green. Great pictures reminds me of my first tank :)

So; this is a good thing?!!? Not sure I am happy to hear this, not gonna lie. I like the red better. Also; i have some spots on the glass and now they are turning a whitish color.

Gettin down to the fun of stocking fishies...I currently have 1...firefish
Wish list consists of Bannerfish since Heniochis need a bigger tank :(
Black clowns (pair??)
Pearly jawfish (i would luuuuuv the blue dot BUT $100 for 1 fish ouch... )
Would also like some pops of color there purple, yellow, green...
How many fishies to add?

White spots are dead or dieing algae, idk if that is in part how it spreads and starts new spots but it seems that way. I have a pearly and I know how you feel about the blue dotted Jawfish.

How is your pearly? I already have a firefish and am worried they wont get along

I have a yellow headed jawfish and a Firefish in my 30g, and at first I was disappointed because the jawfish took the fire fish's burrow. But then a couple days later, the Firefish moved into the burrow with the jawfish, and now they live in the burrow together. :) and they've been living in there just fine for months now. It's kinda cute.

Back
Top Bottom