54g corner project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice set up. Here is what my 54 corner looks like

Attachments

• 20130104_185859.jpg
    20130104_185859.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 128
Very nice, like the subdued lighting look. I don't have anything fancy over mine.... Yet ;)

Attachments

• image-1717402587.jpg
    image-1717402587.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 122
Wooohoooo we FINALLY got the water pressure/levels correct!!!! Firing up the portein skimmer yaaay
Flip side...another diatom bloom I guess since I added the rest of the rock from former tank ugh

Uhh nope had to shut er down AGAIN didn't trust it ovrnight as the water level began to shift. and the protein skimmer isnt acting right either GAH

I had a sea clone " horrible skimmer" "do not buy it!" I am getting a new one to run in my sump, and after seeing them in action at the local LFS and research. The reef octos are the way I'm going. Amazing skimmers that come in all sizes!

Reef ocotpus was my first thought too but they have so mamy diffrent models eeks
How are they to set up?

Yep the product set up manual states that you leave it on full blast till it breaks in. This can take up too 3 weeks.

I am wondering if my return pump is too strong for my tank...is this possible? I dont even remember wjat size now. pondmaster is the brand name

I am wondering if my return pump is too strong for my tank...is this possible? I dont even remember wjat size now. pondmaster is the brand name

I have never heard anyone say that. Ummmm. . . . What is happening to make you think that? Are all of your corals being blown around? Most pumps have flow setting to adjust the overall flow

We cannot get the water pressure/flow set right. water level in dt keeps rising even with the shut off valve almost completely closed gah :(

Back
Top Bottom