54g corner project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What bout the overflow? Is your tank drilled or do you have an up n over HOB?

Having trouble getting the return water level to balance with the out flow. usually the dt starts to fill up too quickly even with the shut off valve almost completely off

Having trouble getting the return water level to balance with the out flow. usually the dt starts to fill up too quickly even with the shut off valve almost completely off

Sounds like there's just too much water in the set up...?

Shut everything off and take a pic of the DT and sump that shows the water levels...

On another note...what does anyone use to buffer sound...my return pump is LOUD. what can i put under it so quiet it?

I think your 300gph overflow can't keep up with your 500gph pump. I think you need a bigger overflow pipe. I have the same tank except my overflow is built in and drilled with the bulk heads. I ran that exacted pump as you at first, but switched it out for the 700gph model same brand. As far as sound goes, mines pretty noisy. Not bad though, I just make sure it's not touching any sides in sump. Hope this help

Ah it does. thank you. I was afraid i was gonna have to buy a new return pump. a friend mentioned cpr overflow beingmuch more user friendly... Gonna have to look into that hmmm

I had a CPR HOB filter/skimmer on a 55gal yrs ago pretty nice setup I really liked it. Only drawback was my crazy Chain link eel loved going in it, and causing the water to overflow all over the floor! Lol I don't do eels anymore, unless its a garden eel. I don't think you can go wrong with a CPR unit, did you decide on a skimmer yet, I like the reef octopus brands, I run a space saver model where the pump sits inside and under the unit.

Ooops phone slipped...as the return pump brings into dt? I thought that could be controlled with shut off valves.

In regards to the cpr overflow...what happens when/if there is a power outage?

I have the Coralife 65g. Currently hanging on the dt. I will probably put in sump when that is finally up n running gah

To me it sounds like the box can't handle the other 200gph the pumps putting in the dt. How big is the return boxes hose to the sump area? Mine is a 1" line, and 3/4" on the return pump. Yeah you would think you could tone it down with a ball valve in there, weird it doesn't.

As far as power outage my sump would raise 2" more until the syphon from the dt stopped. It scared me also at first, I didn't know what to expect either. Lol

Back
Top Bottom