54g corner project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No water change needed, the brown stuff on the sand is probably diatoms (common end of cycle happening), and that amount of live rock should
be perfect. Any pics to update?

No water change needed, the brown stuff on the sand is probably diatoms (common end of cycle happening), and that amount of live rock should
be perfect. Any pics to update?

Good to know... Thanx
No pics yet it us just an empty tank. my lr won't be here until mid/late next week. I live up north so will have to let rock recure (not sure how long that will take) Any ideas on that???
I will post pics of scaping attempts lol

Curing live rock is a pain in the butt.. You need a separate container with powerheads and a heater .. Let it run til it basically cycles and you don't show ammonia in the water. If there's no fish in the tank yet, I would personally just let it cure in there and let it cycle that way...

Curing live rock is a pain in the butt.. You need a separate container with powerheads and a heater .. Let it run til it basically cycles and you don't show ammonia in the water. If there's no fish in the tank yet, I would personally just let it cure in there and let it cycle that way...

Thar is my exact plan. how long will it need to sit in the tank? Before i can start loading fun stuff in....i s'pose i just gotta watch levels eh

Fill er up, put rock in, get a salt water testing kit, and be patient. You will see a rise in ammonia, followed by a nitrite spike, then a nitrate spike. When ammonia and nitrite are both at 0, and you are showing nitrates, you have cycled. You will then do a partial water change to get the nitrates as low as possible, under 10 is good, and then you can slowly start to add fish. The cycle process can take a few weeks so be patient and don't rush anything...

New lr finally arrived. 30#
Levels all look good 12hr after going in the tank. even seeing movement from creatures woot
I was worried about all live aspects freezing during transport doh
I really wanna add all from my 12g into 54g now since light annd filter are now not working since a power outage the other day gah (1 fish, various crabs/snails, beginner type corals, remainder of lr& sand)

Ugh now the overflow box is broke. lfs was closed last night....will get a new new today ;/

All levels are on! Picking up some more lr from locals and a purple & green frogspawn too woot

Going to get more lr today and a purple/green frogspawn...$40 a good price for this? $1.25/# on lr i knoq ia good. Lfs all sell for $8/# here ugh

I think that looks ok better get it in teh water before all the BB dies off lol..

Lol...indeed annnd done phew
I moved em around in in the tank to keep em in water for as long as possible they really weren't out very long. theu did not go back into the tank the same tho grrr and still have 2 pieces to be added yet eeks any extras will just have to be added to sump awe

wow! i love corner tanks!

my local reef shop has a 54 I think and the shape provides space for this amazing rock structure of arcs and bridges and chock full of corals and a huuuuge clam.

very nice I can't wait to see what goes in next

Help needed!!! We cannot get the water level/pressure right. it has been two days of back and forth with the pump on then off. what else can we do to find the balance? u-tube in overflow is 100% operational. Return pump seems to be pulling too much water to keep up with overflow

Back
Top Bottom