55 gal. Last Fish Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trigger_Happy814

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have finally started adding fish to the tank. I'm down to my last 1 or 2 fish. I'm looking for an active and beautiful show fish. I really want a coral beauty or flame angel, but I plan on adding coral down the road, so that may not be such a good idea. I also wanted a yellow tang, but due to the size of my tank I don't think that's a good idea!! Im thinking maybe a Midas Blenny or Pygmy Angel. My LFS said the pygmy does not really bother corals! Here's what I have so far:
1 yellow watchman goby
2 Oce clowns
3 firefish
1 six line wrasse. Just added 2 days ago! I hear they get territorial so I want to add my final fish soon! Any and all advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

I'd go for Midas over angel to play it safe. if you already had the corals may be different as the angle would have lots to pick at if it did and wouldn't limit the bullying to one or two but as your going to add the coral after I'd go for bleny IMO

I'd go for Midas over angel to play it safe. if you already had the corals may be different as the angle would have lots to pick at if it did and wouldn't limit the bullying to one or two but as your going to add the coral after I'd go for bleny IMO

Thanx for Te advice! I don't have any coral yet, but plan to add. I'm kind of in limbo to keep it a FOWLR tank! Are there any other fish suggestions? How many more fish do you think I can get fit comfortably? So far I only see 1 firefish regularly. The other 2 hide most if the day. Also my 6 line is small and stays behind the rocks swimming length if the tank!

You can probably get away with another one or two if you want to Stay fowlr I'd look at a dwarf angel and maybe a Toby puffer. If not maybe a couple of cardinals or a Midas blenny

You can probably get away with another one or two if you want to Stay fowlr I'd look at a dwarf angel and maybe a Toby puffer. If not maybe a couple of cardinals or a Midas blenny

Thanx. I'm not really into the cardinals. Any suggestions on particular dwarf angels. Ones that are reef and coral safe? If there is such a thing! Also the Toby puffer. In not familiar with that one. Is it coral and invert safe? Thanx again!!

I had a valentini puffer, a type of Toby puffer with cleaner shrimp and peppermint shrimp with no issues. People say that they have kept both in reef tanks and if you read through posts on here there are a lot of stories where it's worked fine and a lot of horror stories. If you wish to do it again I would recommend adding most the coral before a puffer or angle as if it does start to nip there will be more coral so it will be a little stress on a lot of coral rather than a lot of stress to a little coral.

I had a valentini puffer, a type of Toby puffer with cleaner shrimp and peppermint shrimp with no issues. People say that they have kept both in reef tanks and if you read through posts on here there are a lot of stories where it's worked fine and a lot of horror stories. If you wish to do it again I would recommend adding most the coral before a puffer or angle as if it does start to nip there will be more coral so it will be a little stress on a lot of coral rather than a lot of stress to a little coral.

You gave me a glimmer of hope and excitement till my LFS shot me down! They had a beautiful puffer I seen the other day. I ask and she said they will eat shrimp, some snails, and crabs!! She said they do better in a fish only tank! Sucks!! I wonder how people keep their tank clean when they have a puffer!

It's difficult as all fish have different personalities, as I said had a valentini puffer in with shrimp for 12 months or more and he wasn't interested in them. I think it does make a difference if you add the shrimp etc before you add your puffer too so they don't view it as you feeding them, but others may have had different experience with these puffers.

Back
Top Bottom