55 gal stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwsharksfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a 55 gal with soft coral. 1 percula and 1 bicolor blenny. 1 peppermint shrimp. Was hoping for suggestions on how to round out the stocking. I like the six line wrasse because its colorful and is constantly moving - but as I understand can be a bully. Is there another fish that can add movement to the tank but not bully the fish I have. I was loosely considering chalk bass, but the ones I've seen in store haven't been terribly bright (Petco may be the reason). Thanks for any suggestions.

You could look at some tangs. Some of them are pretty bright and lively. A Yellow Tang is a pretty bright and lively fish that has a good price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love yellow tangs and the guy in my lfs recommended one - but I've read a 55 gal tank is too small for one.

First don't put a tang in a 55g or the tang police will be all over you , Is this going to be a reef or just fowler tell us a little about your tank and what your looking to achieve I like to know what you are aiming for before recommending stock,

This is what I have. 55 gallon reef. 45 lbs base rock, 20 lbs live. I'm looking for this with more coral/fish and less algae. Not really looking to replicate any specific biotope. Was thinking maybe two more fish in addition to what I have now.

Attachments

• WP_20151005_003.jpg
    WP_20151005_003.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 77
Flasher wrasse or Midas blenny.
Or any typo of dart fish though they don't really have the sweeping behavior

Fish I successfully kept in my 55

Dwarf Lion
Small foxface
PJ cardinal
Clown
Fairy Wrasse
Swallow tail Angel

Fish that DID NOT survive my 55

Small blue tang
Small Naso tang
Humu Humu Trigger

All were sold small to me when I started, LFS said they'd be fine. All stressed and died.

Back
Top Bottom