55 gal sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefnoob84

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a free tank from a friend time to make a larger refugium what changes should I make?

View attachment 76228

3 sections 2 foot refugium

View attachment 76229

1 bulkhead for water in from dt
1 bulkhead for water to skimmer
1 bulkhead for water return from skimmer

View attachment 76230

1st section 8"x11 3/4"x16" through 1 1/2" divider panels into refugium

View attachment 76231

Return with 2 more bulkheads to run external pumps and return section is 9"x11 1/2" x 16"

I found out if you lay down a bead of silicone A day before it gives you a type of flexible joint that will hold the plastic better

With the one panel I had laying around I installed last night and leak tested. I know that there will be water on both sides but I don't like transfer like that. It'll just work its way and ruin the silicone joint

View attachment 76484

About 10 gallons

Reefnoob84 said:
With the one panel I had laying around I installed last night and leak tested. I know that there will be water on both sides but I don't like transfer like that. It'll just work its way and ruin the silicone joint

About 10 gallons

View attachment 76485

Not a drip

All six panels in back painted black and bottom painted white. Tomorrow I attempt to drill the 5-2 3/8" holes. I've never drilled glass but I feel pretty confident with my carpentry skills.

I've got some of the plumbing done. Bulkheads will be here Monday or Tuesday. Once they arrive I can get the rest of the main drain line connected to the sump and get ready to move it in where the 29g sits now.

Well got it all put in except for final drain and pump bulkheads. Ups was supposed to deliver them today but was missed at the sorting facility even though it said it was out for delivery all day. :/. So all is ready. Connections to the main tank were made and live stock was put into new sump.

Got the bulkheads in filled with water. A couple of small leaks easily fixed but an hour later a crack occurred on one end. I'm hoping that some silicone on both sides will hold it. There will only be 6 inches of water above the crack. You guys think I'll get away with it?

Back
Top Bottom