55 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a picture

Attachments

• image-2146685465.jpg
    image-2146685465.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 118
My specs the blue one was more green in the ideal section

Attachments

• image-850965047.jpg
    image-850965047.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 131
Thanks ill try that
This is my update , I got this light fixture for free , along with the protein skimmer. I also got a free 500w metal halide. And over 40 lbs of live sand.
All this from my fourth grade teacher who contacted me through facebook!

And yes my water is still cloudy

Attachments

• image-3901479761.jpg
    image-3901479761.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 99
Fredyyanez said:
Thanks ill try that
This is my update , I got this light fixture for free , along with the protein skimmer. I also got a free 500w metal halide. And over 40 lbs of live sand.
All this from my fourth grade teacher who contacted me through facebook!

And yes my water is still cloudy

Very nice. If you didn't get the skimmer running I'll suggest to might help in clearing your water up.

Added 2 blue damsels and two turbo snails
What do you feed them ? Lol

Attachments

• image-3572373257.jpg
    image-3572373257.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 143
Damsels will eat just about any fish food. I'm sure they prefer frozen but they aren't picky. As far as the snails u can get algae supplements like wafers or sheets or pellets. Those Turbo snails get pretty big too gotta make sure the rockwork is stable.

So far.....

Attachments

• image-590183863.jpg
    image-590183863.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1116177600.jpg
    image-1116177600.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1202879165.jpg
    image-1202879165.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1172730202.jpg
    image-1172730202.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 101
  • image-3819958805.jpg
    image-3819958805.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 81
Looks good now but may not have been a wise choice in first corals.. they are very delicate and have been known to die for no reason

That sucks then , my godmother though it was pretty , that's why she bought it for me. D you know what they eat?
What about the anemone ?

Growth enabling environment in your marine aquarium:

Temperature of water: Seventy-two to seventy-eight degrees Fahrenheit. Specific gravity of water: 1.023 to 1.025. pH of water: 8.10 to 8.40. Water flow in the aquarium: Flower Pot Coral requires strong water current. Keep the water enriched with organic substance but keep it clean to avoid any bacterial or fungal infection on Goniopora lobata. Illumination: Flower Pot Coral requires moderate to intense lighting in the marine aquarium it inhabits. If Goniopora lobata is not opening fully then it may be because of lighting issues. Adjust the lighting as required by the coral. Actinic lighting is recommended. Habit & habitat:place Flower Pot Coral at the middle of your marine aquarium. Give ample space to Goniopora lobata so that it can spread itself fully. Keep the Flower Pot Coral away from the other members in your marine aquarium as the coral may get disturbed. Feeding & Nutrition: Flower Pot Coral filter feeds a few times per week when open. It feeds upon acellular marine invertebrates, phytoplankton, zooplankton and meaty bits. Add Calcium, Strontium, Iodine and trace elements to the aquarium water as dietary supplements for Flower Pot Coral.

Care:

Goniopora lobata requires moderate to high care. Flower Pot Coral is difficult to maintain owing to its susceptibility to bacterial and fungal infections. Goniopora lobata may catch infection readily as detritus deposits between its tentacles readily. This deposition of organic nature begins to decay with time, leading to Brown Jelly disease in Flower Pot Coral. Therefore, be very particular to regularly clean the coral with a stream of water current. Flower Pot Coral is also susceptible to fungal diseases in which a paste like substance begins to deposit over the coral. The key polyp of Goniopora lobata becomes long, thin and very delicate when open. Therefore, keep the other members in your aquarium away from Flower Pot Coral so that the coral is not hurt in any way. Bristle-worm and Euphyllia Corals may damage Goniopora lobata. Therefore, don’t keep the worm & Euphyllia Corals and Flower Pot Coral in the same tank. Keep the stinging corals and anemones far away from Goniopora lobata. Do not touch the main polyp of Flower Pot Coral as it may be detrimental to the coral’s health.

Do u still have the firefish? It will probably get bullied by the damsels or stay in hiding. The tank is looking better. Like the flowerpot coral a lot! Hope it does good.

Mrc thanks for the info.
And yes my filefish is doing well. It is usually never in hiding. The damsels always seem to be hiding. But over all they seem peaceful.

That's great news. Damsels do get aggressive with age tho. Just like humans! LOL. I had a firefish before, real beautiful fish. My community flasher wrasse harassed him to death tho. They are very timid but an awesome fish.

Back
Top Bottom