Originally Posted by Heera
Its a nice tank. Few things I will like to add;
1. make sure to check and re-seal the tank. Now it's the best time to do it.
2. seal the stand for moisture. Salt water have a way of getting in than paint starts to come off. Make sure it's strong enough and wide enough to hold sump later if u decide to add one.
3. Water evaporation- salt will get on the walls next to your tank and ruin paint and drywall overtime. I guess u can paint that too with appropriate paint.
4. Sooner or later your skimmer will overflow and u will have water on the Floor. ( I used silicon between floor tiles and baseboards, so water doesn't get in the wall)
This will save you tons of trouble later. Just wished someone gave me heads up when I started.
To add on to this.
- Don't use air fresheners like Febreze . Let everyone know at home. Even if u know someone else may not and spay it near the tank.
- Buy dead rock not live. It will be cheaper and pest free. Seed it later from trusted aquarium. I paid $6 /lbs and got mine with Aiptasia and fireworks. Learned the hard way .
-Use ROID water as glass cleaner works great. Don't use chemicals.
- electricity- you may end up needing 10-13 plugins. So having 2-3 outlets near the tank. Don't want to plug everything in one and overload it.
That's all I can remember for now. Thins stuff no one really tell you. I had to learn the hard way.