Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-07-2007, 08:11 AM   #11
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Yes you`ll probably have a big dust storm but it will go away in a few days. And yes add all your rock together and cure it and cycle your tank at the same time.

melosu58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:23 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Since I am planning a sump, should I wait until I have the sump complete before adding the water, mixing the salt, then adding LR, and starting the cycle?

Also, what do you folks advise I put into the refugium? I see some growing algae, others have live rock.

I am looking at getting the overflow off ebay, does anyone have any "stay away froms"?

I am guessing the sump itself should be built from scratch, and I probably will use acrylic.

Lastly, what is a good rate of overflow for a 55 gallon tank?

The help is greatly appreciated.

arondeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie
PRO Refugium kit for glass aquarium wet dry filter sump

Any thoughts on a sump like this? Thanks.

arondeau is offline   Reply With Quote

5 gallon, 55 gallon, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search