Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-04-2011, 07:34 AM   #181
Aquarium Advice Freak

Long time no update! Internet has been down for over 2 weeks.

I have some new additions!!!

A six-line wrasse. He's an awesome fish, exactly what I was looking for. He actively swims in between all the holes in the rocks, in the open water, does dances. Very pretty fish.

The addition I'm also VERY excited about, a scooter blenny! He's beautiful.. and he also eats everything I have put in the tank so far (frozen mysis, frozen bloodworms, live brine).

I'll get some photos up after my camera has finished charging.

I've just purchased a 4 stage RO/DI unit today, so that should be coming early next week. I'm still having phosphate troubles, but they seem to lower every time I do a water change, so as soon as my RO/DI unit comes I'll do a very large change and try to eradicate the problem.

I am battling green cyano on the sand, as well as still diatoms, though I think it may be the result of the high phosphate levels, and I'm not worried about it until I get my phosphates under control.

Besides that, all other levels are excellent and I've had no issues. The smaller clown is now pretty much as big as the bigger one was.

I've added a nice brown with gold tipped torch coral, as well as nice nice pink/purple zoas. The corals seem to be growing as well. The base rock is now lightly covered in green/brown, which is a good sign. There is no coraline growing anywhere on the base rock yet, or on the glass though.

Will try get these pics up ASAP.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #182
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post

A six-line wrasse. He's an awesome fish, exactly what I was looking for. He actively swims in between all the holes in the rocks, in the open water, does dances. Very pretty fish.
You stole that line from my thread didn't you???? LOL I say the same things about our 6 line.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #183
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99 View Post
You stole that line from my thread didn't you???? LOL I say the same things about our 6 line.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Haha yes they are great fish! Very entertaining.

Super excited, I have another new addition yesterday!!! I have never seen one of these in an LFS in Australia, and the other day one of my favorite LFS had three!!

Midas Blenny!

He's a beautiful yellow colour, and he's definitely not shy. I've been lucky in that regard, all my fish stay put when I move up to the tank. They even show off for me!

The Midas is out free swimming in the open water, and has been for the last couple of hours. He's got a little home where he hangs out sometimes in the rock, but very excited to see him out and about.

I'll get a video update of the tank tonight when the lights are on. You'll have to ignore the green cyano on the sand though! Still lowering my phosphates (I think they are the cause). They are going down Down from 1.15 to .53 now. Just need to do a large water change.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #184
Aquarium Advice Addict

Can't wait to see the video. I agree that the phosphates are the cause of the algae problem. 1.15 is pretty high and a good source of food for algae.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #185
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah no joke haha.. I have no idea where they came from but they gradually drop with each water change. I've been thinking about the last additions to my tank. I have room for probably 2 more. I'm thinking a Royal Gramma (or a lineatus wrasse) and Kole Tang. I know some will say the Kole Tang is too big for a 50 gallon, but I've had equally as many people tell me theirs has been super happy in their 55g. Not to mention I think they are beautiful!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #186
Aquarium Advice Addict

Subscribed! Cant wait to see that video

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #187
Aquarium Advice Freak

50 Gallon Mixed Reef - YouTube

Sorry about the quality guys, youtube killed it lol.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #188
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looking great.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #189
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lookin good! Love the rock work.

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #190
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like it. Very nice.

Tags
5 gallon, 55 gallon, build, reef, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com