Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just pop up the cup and remove if its a normal type of skimmer. You might wanna adjust it a tiny bit so you get more solid skimmate versus just dirty water.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice Freak

Adjust it? Man, I wish this came with instructions.. I haven't seen anything to adjust it haha.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

What skimmer is it?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice Freak

Marine Sources RDC-850
Old 09-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Looked it up.

the long red tube has an adjustment on it to allow more or less air into the unit. You might have to turnt he red tube or the thingee on top, cant tell for sure which one from the pictures.

Protein Skimmer £¬ Marine Sources£¬MS Skimmer£¬Aquarium Filter Supplies £¬Aquarium Saltwater £¬ Calcium Reactor £¬Nitrate Reactor£¬Devil Pump£¬Pin wheel pump£¬Submersible pump£¬ Aquarium Products£¬Cone Skimmer £¬Salinity refractometer£¬ Aquarium Tank

This one?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #66
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah that's the skimmer, I can't really see anything to turn on it though. And as for lifting the top off, the top circle thing doesn't completely come off, just the lid (unless I'm doing something wrong?). It's a pain that I can't find instructions for it though!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Can you wiggle the cup upwards? My eshopps you have to wiggle the cup up to dioslodge it from the neck. Turning the red stick tube thing doesnt do anything?

The link says it has an easy smooth twist and remove function for the cup. And the red thing should rotate. Thats what I'm getting from the link. The long red palstic tube that has the air hose in it
Old 09-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #68
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm trying but I can't seem to, I must be doing something wrong, but I also am trying not to break anything lol. That would be the worst.

The red tubing I also can't seem to rotate. There's two little pipe hole things on top of it, but I was just told by someone to stick something pointy down them every now and then to clean it out, so I don't think they're the solution.

Man I feel stupid lol. Thanks for the help so far Carey! Super appreciated.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I wish I could have been more helpful. Maybe do a google search on it like I did and check out the links. Theres a utube video for it too. didnt watch the whole thing though. LOL

They all work on the same basic principle though so it's just a matter of figuring it out. do any of the air hoses have an adjuster on it, like a little screw maybe? It also looks like it has a drain plug so you can hook up some tubing to the drain plug and let the excess overflow into an old bottle or something.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #70
Aquarium Advice Freak

Not that I can see no, it does have a drain plug though so I'll put some tube onto that and into an empty bottle to give me some extra breathing space for now at least.

I did watch the two youtube videos but they just showed it going, but didn't touch anything.

I also tried googling, but there isn't a whole lot of information on this product, not even a manual on the website

Tags
5 gallon, 55 gallon, build, reef, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com