Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #131
Aquarium Advice Activist

Look into reef/aquarium safe adhesvie so you can glue your coral down w/o damaging it with the rubber. Can anybody help? And is there a wet application adhesive so you don't have to worry about taking your coral out of the tank?

Old 03-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice Regular

I use loctite superglue gel. Works great but can't be applied in the water, I've tried. Dried inside the tip. Saltwater rapidly cures it.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Freak

Does it work with leathers that keep sloughing off their skin?
55 Gallon, DIY Live Rock, 2 Taotronics 130w LEDs, CPR HOB skimmer and refugium, 525 GPH SunSun 5-stage Canister with UV Sterilizer using Chemi-pure Elite, and Two Fishes GFO reactor and 3 800 GPH powerheads. <><
San Raphael Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Regular

You know, I don't know. Worth a shot. Another thing I've read, never tried, is to get a piece of purlap sack or something like it, and basically wrap the coral lightly so it has contact with the rock, and rubber band it for a few days. The bag allows the coral to stay in place while still able to get light through the openings. Other than just placing it on rubble in a low flow area I don't know.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #135
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Just a rubber band will hold it in place until it attaches.
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #136
Aquarium Advice Freak

How I am dealing with attaching the coral frag to rubble rock. Gonna leave it like that for a week or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2105544220.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	156573  
55 Gallon, DIY Live Rock, 2 Taotronics 130w LEDs, CPR HOB skimmer and refugium, 525 GPH SunSun 5-stage Canister with UV Sterilizer using Chemi-pure Elite, and Two Fishes GFO reactor and 3 800 GPH powerheads. <><
Old 03-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #137
Aquarium Advice Freak

Not happy. Won't mention the name of the pet store. You would know the chain though. But they had a one eyed dwarf flame angel. It had both eyes last time that I was in. It has a gash on the right side where the eye was. It is in a tank with a snowflake eel. I asked them what they were going to do with it. They offered to sell it to me for 25% off. I said 75% off. They said no. The lowest was 50% and THAT THEY WOULD THROW IT OUT before they would go lower than 50%.

Another national chain I won't mention the name of has adopted out one eyed fish to me for free before, I just had to do a little paperwork for them.

It had been a beautiful fish before they didn't take care to protect it.

Not that I wanted the fish, but I felt it deserved better than they were doing.

SRC
Old 03-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #138
Aquarium Advice Activist

It's amazing how people care so little about fish and not just fish but all living creatures.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Freak

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the plastic grid i put over the bowl for .49 and a big 12 oz bag polyester fiber fill for 2.99. I think poly fiber fill was selling for at the pet store for 3.99 for 4 oz.

Will be able to change out filter material a lot for uber cheap. The filter pads sell for 12.00 for 6 and uses two at a time.

SRC
Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Freak

Went to Aquarium Solutions today. Picked up ten pounds of cured live rock. Knocked any questionable soft spots off of it. Hopefully that will put me over the top for the biological filtration that I need.

I like that store a lot more than the one I won't mention the name of. Lots of cool corals there, but I am holding back on any new livestock additions.

SRC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3964567821.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	156792  

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com