55 stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Filtration: aquac remora w/mj1200 pump, Aquaclear 110 w/purigen and floss, and a Hydor korolia (I think 1200gph) and about 45 lbs of LR
Tank has been running for about 2 months

The stock would be
2x tank raised percula clowns
3x Camel shrimp
2x orange foot moon snail
1x debelius reef lobster
2x emerald crab
1x blue coral banded shrimp
1x serpent star
And an assortment of hermit crabs

Would this stock be ok? The perculas and serpent are already in the tank

FYI this was originally going to be a peacock mantis tank but after having difficulty locating one and hearing horror stories about shell rot I decided to do a 20g purple spot mantis tank instead

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've got a u shaped pvc cave setup which is where I think the camel shrimp might go because apparently they like darkness. There's also a little Rock formation I glued together which is where the lobster will probably go as he will be able to burrow in the aragonite. And I'm assuming the coral shrimp will hang up site down on some ledge, at least that's where I've seen then while snorkeling. I'm just trying to say that there's a lot of real estate so I'm hoping the inverts won't clash.

For some reason the photos didn't upload so here they are.

Attachments

• 1420851027497.jpg
    1420851027497.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 1420851038522.jpg
    1420851038522.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 105
I don't see any particular problems with it. Were you thinking about adding any more fish?

I was originally going to do a bunch of different types of occerelis color morphs like the blacks and snowflakes but I was told that I could only have one pair in the tank. And since my lfs already has tank raised perculas for a fair price ($30) I think I'll just shoot for those.

And here's a full tank shot.

Attachments

• 1420953407706.jpg
    1420953407706.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 93
You can do a school of ocellaris, however you will pretty much have to contact a breeder for them. Getting them all from the same school at a young age is very important and getting a large number of them will be difficult.

I agree. Clownfish can be kept in groups and I've seen it before in a tank slightly bigger than yours. However I have heard stories of problems with attempting this so I would exercise caution.

Would the lobster eat my starfish or hermit crabs?

Back
Top Bottom