55g FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes you can put the sump anywhere as long as gravity can feed water to it. I've actually made this reccomendation a few times for people with stock 55 stands since they don't have many options as far as sump size

bigbanker said:
No worries! Hopefully someone else will chime in.

What are you getting

Got a red/white Firefish and cleaner shrimp, couple Nassarius snails and 2 small red legged hermits. Gotta acclimate the half black angelfish from the 55 tonight and add to tank too. Poor angel's been in 10g for about 11days now.
The cabinet next to tank sounds like a good idea if it works, and you could put couple nice things on there to decorate it too. :)

If it were me and the funds were there I'd build a stand on both sides with a column tank on either side of it with your plumbing under the other tanks if you can picture that. One could be a QT and the other seahorses or something lol :)

I feel like it might be strange to see lol!!! But I'm thinking a 40b. I'll take a pic of the area when I get home.

I'd love to have a Skimmer, UV, and perhaps some macro algae with live rock.

There is a 125 on Cl for 100. Not drilled. No stand.... but I'm on the second floor

Mrc8858 said:
If it were me and the funds were there I'd build a stand on both sides with a column tank on either side of it with your plumbing under the other tanks if you can picture that. One could be a QT and the other seahorses or something lol :)

Lol!!! Sounds pretty cool. I love symmetry and that sounds ideal. I might do two breeders on each side one sump and one another tank

Edit: but then I should just get a larger tank!

When I have more money and a larger hone I'm gonna take my 2 46 bowfronts and stick them side by side one of which is my reef and the other I wanna make a very open water look with non reef safe fish to give it a continental shelf look all in one tank :)

Here is the space I am working with.... a forty gallon breeder would fit on either side. If I do two breeders it would be a total of 135g on the second floor. Granted I do have a 95g in my living room.

IMG1781.jpg

You could do two 30 breeders and save yourself 20 gallons (167lbs)

*strokes chin* perhaps! My pup likes to sleep to the left of the tank and since I put the canister on that side she hasn't gone anywhere near it. Goofball.

Right now I've got a piece of zucchini in the tank as opposed to a shrimp. I have no idea number wise where I am in this cycle. Its been about two weeks. I've got a freshwater API master kit, but I'm seeing most people seem to prefer the red sea kit. Will the API one be okay for now?

I know my salinity is .024 using instant ocean

bigbanker said:
Here is the space I am working with.... a forty gallon breeder would fit on either side. If I do two breeders it would be a total of 135g on the second floor. Granted I do have a 95g in my living room.

When I first glanced at this photo I thought that was a big screen tv, and was wondering how you were gonna fit the tank in on one of the sides of that!! Lol. Guess i gotta look closer at the photos!! :( I then realized that the "tv" was the tank!! Well, a tank is better than tv for some of us who are addicted to aquariums, right? ;)

Teehee! My poor 32" tv is dwarfed by my all my tanks....

I'm concerned about the footprint for the sump. I was leaning towards the 40b for this reason. I'll hold off on getting two because I want to put my Christmas tree where the dog normally sleeps ;)

My LFS has ordered three lemonpeel angels so that I can check them out... Apparently after I posted on their facebook page there was some interest in the fish. I won't be picking one up tomorrow; but, I do want to check out the quality and if they are eating. Tomorrow I will be picking up my rock. It is strange though, the salinity in my tank is not stable and keeps dropping.

Checked out the lemonades angels... They were 45. Is that reasonable.

Also I always take my dog in the store with me... When she gets frightened she poops. For whatever reason she was terrified today and dropped a huge load on their freshly mopped floor

Back
Top Bottom