Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
Well it's morning and all is well, tod is colored up swimming around eating algae and as you can see in the pics there is lots of it lol. Orion the starry blenny is swimming all over and isn't as skittish as tod. Zoas are open and man they look nice, after some google action last night I believe they are radioactive zoas. The green monti cap is there not to sure if it's open yet as lights have been off but daylights will be on in a bit so we will see. The blue clove hasn't opened yet either which we will see what happens when daylights come on. I also found a couple of those little white starfish with it, asteria or whatever they are called. very happy with the new additions and after a water change and cleaning out my filter and tossing in some carbon and GFO hopefully I can keep the algae down especially with the new fish eating it. Also the fish eat prepared foods as I witnessed them feeding in the store prior to purchase.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Addict

For starters I gotta say it's lame that nunu and gboys thread was closed I really liked that thread. Anyways back on topic here are some pics I just took. The fox face and blenny are going hard on the algae and the corals are all open and look good.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wait, you got 2 foxfaces?? Haha jk.

Any ideas in how to get rid of that algea? Maybe a few turbo snails
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm gonna do water change today and remove a bunch and also add the gfo into the system, it's pretty bad eh lol
Old 06-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdpuffer
I'm gonna do water change today and remove a bunch and also add the gfo into the system, it's pretty bad eh lol
Lol, it will be gone in a couple days tops! Im betting the fox is having a blast eating it and all the other goodies in the tank.

Speaking of him, how is he today? All bright and active?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

He is bright and active, he has put a huge dent in the algae already. What an awesome fish, he still dekes behind rock when I approach the tank but comes right back out.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I did a big water change today, just shy of 20g which with rock displacement probably puts it as being close to 50%. I also. Leaned out the floss in my filter and added the GFO and replaced my carbon. I didn't do much in regards to algae removal just sucked up what was loose or in the sand. I want to monitor how much of an appetite the new fish have plus leaving some to graze on saves me buying seaweed to supplement with for the time being. The fox face didn't like the process but soon after I was done he was back out swimming and grazing. I also threw my mix powerhead in the tank on my third outlet of my wave maker (natural wave I believe is the brand) it adds some nice flow to the system and with the wave maker it turns on for every other cycle which is nice for random flow.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice Addict

So apparently the fox face has an appetite for algae, holy smokes he has chewed it down. Pics for comparison, before and after- note the top of the mushroom rock on the left.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thats awesome! You have got me really excited to get my foxface
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

I helped convince your brother to get one while I had my heart set on a kole tang. Then he convinced me to get one lol. Made more sense with a newer system to get something a little hardier. He is way more colorful too, love that fish!!!!

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Rasp | Chemicals »