Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #101
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdpuffer
I helped convince your brother to get one while I had my heart set on a kole tang. Then he convinced me to get one lol. Made more sense with a newer system to get something a little hardier. He is way more colorful too, love that fish!!!!
Ha! That is awesome! They are so stinkin hardy too..ive eard of them living through power outages and everything! This is a fish everyone should have if they have a big enough tank IMO

Old 06-09-2012, 01:35 AM   #102
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
So today I some testing and all Params are looking good. The last couple days my blenny has been lethargic but I finally found that he likes spirulina enriched brine shrimp. He gobbled that up. My fox face has decimated the algae and after one week I am practically algae free. Other than that no real news to present.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #103
Aquarium Advice Addict

We are going to open a thread "which foxface is better" and we will have a competition cant believe you named yours todd as well! Lol looks great man
Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #104
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks nunu, ya it's pretty funny. So some potential updates. I was on the local reef forum yesterday and came across some various frags for sale all sps so I am gonna grab some I think. I have always wanted some sps. Not sure on the types but if the sellers can't tell me then I'll be posting them for id. The plan is to head up and get them Friday, one I know the id of is purple birdsnest. Wanting to add some different colors than green.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #105
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Thanks nunu, ya it's pretty funny. So some potential updates. I was on the local reef forum yesterday and came across some various frags for sale all sps so I am gonna grab some I think. I have always wanted some sps. Not sure on the types but if the sellers can't tell me then I'll be posting them for id. The plan is to head up and get them Friday, one I know the id of is purple birdsnest. Wanting to add some different colors than green.
Great man!!! Try to get a purple/red montipora! All reefs should have one IMO
Old 06-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #106
Aquarium Advice Addict

What kind of montipora? I have a green montipora cap and was thinking of getting a red one too.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #107
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
What kind of montipora? I have a green montipora cap and was thinking of getting a red one too.
One of the plating ones..i have one and am definitly going to get more
Old 06-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #108
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya I have the plating one that's the cap, the digitata is the branching one. I like the look of the monti caps in a tank.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #109
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I got my coral last night, got 5 frags. I got 1- purple milli, 1- orange/red milli, and three other types 1 that's purple, 1 that's bluish, 1 thats pink. I'll try and get some better pics of the unknowns to try and get an ID but in the meantime here's what they look like with some quick shots I took. If anyone cares to hazard a guess at the pink one and the two on the right side in the group photo please fire away.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #110
Aquarium Advice Addict

I cant tell you what they are, but they look nice

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Rasp | Chemicals »