55g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well folks its been a while so figure I should post something. My fish are in their final week of treatment in the hospital tank and everyone is looking fantastic and healthy. So stoked to get them back in the tank!!!!!!! All corals are growing well and my sps I got a while back have all started encrusting the epoxy they are mounted with. My torch coral is doing well though I did lose one head after removing the barnacles the other head is bouncing back nicely. My frogspawn, candy cane and GSP are growing like weeds. I'm also trying to convince the boss to let me start my seahorse tank but so far it's a no go. I did get a bunch of dry base rock (old coral skeletons collected by the father in law) given to me so hopefully I can get her on board. Anyways that's it for now.

Well I've decided tonight is the night for fish to go back in. Everyone is looking awesome so after my water change I will be dripping them back into the DT. So stoked to be able to enjoy them swimming around again. I am also thinking of cleaning out my 29 and starting to cycle it.

Oh and while I'm at it I am thinking of adding something else fishwise. I'm thinking something small and colorful with some character and I want some suggestions.

Havent had time to respond..but AWESOME! So stoked for you bro. Im jealous of your coral growth..i havent seen squat. Goodluck with the drip man.:)

Melanarus Wrasse!!! Perfectly fits the description of what you need!

Havent had time to respond..but AWESOME! So stoked for you bro. Im jealous of your coral growth..i havent seen squat. Goodluck with the drip man.:)

Melanarus Wrasse!!! Perfectly fits the description of what you need!

looks very pretty but i dont kow about wrasses. i want something not proe to jumping, reef safe as i have tube worms inverts and stuff, and if its not to much to ask something with the color blue as its my favourite color. i was considering a blue spot jawfish after seeing bens new one-looks awesome!!!!!!

oh and maybe something to sift sand also and is not known as a picky eater. i have mandarin on my list for a later date once i get a fuge going. maybe a small goby or an open swimmer. also im not a big fan of fish with visible scales.

well ive been browsing online but havent found a fish that fits the bill short of a mandarin. i may just see if i can find a tank raised one thats eating prepared foods. i may also be able to swindle my lfs into a swap for an aqua clear 110 so i can build a HOB fuge. i know he wants RODI water so maybe thats the avenue to take. the only other fish ive found that i like is a fire fish. annyone have experience with these?

How bout one of my favorites the rainford's goby mine is constantly sifting sand or picking at the rocks and has great coloring

Just thought that I had to put in my $0.02 and say an engineer goby is great. I also have a pink spot goby that sifts sand all day long.

The rainfords is nice I like!!!!! I have considered an engineer after seeing yours and nunu/gboys. I was really wanting something eye catching but small, sand sifting probably isn't good as I have alot of coral on the sand. On a side note, I found my lunar eclipse zoas tonight during water change. They fell in a hole in the rock and I haven't seen them in months but there they were alive and well.

So water change is done, I decided to take my canister off the system as it really doesn't do much that my skimmer can't handle. All my fish are dripping back in and I can't wait!!!!!!!

Sweet man im excited!! :) i agree... The rainsford is awesome... Probably my second choice over the engineer!

I am thinking either a fire fish or engineer, the mandarin is a must but once I get a fuge going. I plan to upgrade to a 75 once my basement is reno'd but that will be some time so I'm gonna rig up a HOB fuge till then cause I really want a mandarin lol. The 55 will then become a big sump and I will probably get a frag tank going also. How's all your fish doing? I hear coral growth isn't really happening, just be patient dude once things settle the growth will happen. It hasn't been that long since you guys started, I bet if you compare pics from when you started to recent pics you will notice some growth.

Ya there is some growth, but not a ton. Its fine though, i got into the hobby for the fish and they are all super cool so i love it :) kd i think you should get a goby! Haha not a huge fan of firefish, but thats just my opinion.

Just make sure if you get a firefish or some other kind of dartfish they have a closed top cause there jumpers

You just say that cause you have an engineer lol, you do realize the fire fish is a goby right? Honestly I don't know what to get, I know I want a mandarin and may just opt for that if it's eating prepared foods.

Yea i guess the firefish is a goby.... But i dont think about it like that! :) maybe im biased, but i think you should get a unique fish!

Back
Top Bottom