Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

5g Fluval spec saltwater

Hi I have decided to give a shot at starting a saltwater aquarium. So for my aquarium I chose a 5 gallon fluval spec V. I was wondering if I could put fish in it as I have seen some 5gallons with an ocelaris clownfish and a misbar percula I have also seen one with an true percula clownfish and a fire fish along with a fire shrimp and a striped skunk shrimp. In my aquarium right now I have a Pom Pom crab an Astraea snail and as for corals I have a trumpet coral, ricordea mushroom, Kenya tree, green star polyp, and some mystery coral

Old 02-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsauceda View Post
Hi I have decided to give a shot at starting a saltwater aquarium. So for my aquarium I chose a 5 gallon fluval spec V. I was wondering if I could put fish in it as I have seen some 5gallons with an ocelaris clownfish and a misbar percula I have also seen one with an true percula clownfish and a fire fish along with a fire shrimp and a striped skunk shrimp. In my aquarium right now I have a Pom Pom crab an Astraea snail and as for corals I have a trumpet coral, ricordea mushroom, Kenya tree, green star polyp, and some mystery coral
Clownfish get to large for long term in a 5 gallon. Really most fish aren't too happy in a 5 gallon. I'd look at neon gobies or a clown goby.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #3

Yah clown and neon gobys are probably ideal I'm just not to fond of those two fish
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #4

I was thinking maybe a striped clingfish but others have said they are difficult to take care of but it would be one of the only animals in my tank
Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsauceda View Post
I was thinking maybe a striped clingfish but others have said they are difficult to take care of but it would be one of the only animals in my tank
I have no experience with them. You can probably get away with a single 1-2" max size fish and some inverts. There are several gobies that will work.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #6

Ok well we will see any suggestions on invertebrates?

Tags
fluval, fluval spec, salt, saltwater, spec, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com