6 ft marine aquarium start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

westy101

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi there just starting a 6ft marine aquarium any ideas for stocking please ? Thanks

Is this going to be a Reef? FOWLR? Need some more info on what your plans are.

You can transfer about half your stock from your other tank into the new one. You need to worry about keeping the fish you have happy before you look at new anything.

Would I have to have a sump ? Or could I have a few big filters ?

a sump is nice because not only does it hide everything, it also hold more water thus polutents are diluted more and will take longer to harm the rest of the aquarium. but a large canister filter is possible to be run as well

I was thinking maybe two of these :S they have a built in powerhead I have one already it's brilliant

Attachments

• image-623411374.jpg
    image-623411374.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 147
Those would work for a Fish only...If you got LR it would be redondent and only cause trouble down the road.

its a submersible filter so it takes up space in the main tank and when you clean and change the pads you have to stick your hands in introducing more pollutants to the water

Also if you get behind in cleaning that filter it will cause a nitrate spike as this type of filter are known to do. also you will cut down on the effect of your LR as the canister will steal nutriants that the lr need.

Westie,I would definatley buiild a custom stand and use a sump,even if you add the sump later,what about using your other tank once you've transfered everything,cant remember what tank it was though.

The other tank is brand new bow front rounded corners I would rather keep it however I do have two decent size spare aquariums ?

Back
Top Bottom