6 line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
I purchased engineer goby and a half purple/yellow fish (?) don't know the name. The lfs said they were compatible with our a pair of clowns and 6 line, however, the 6 line wrasse has been nipping at the purple/yellow fish. I am putting the new fish in a 10g tank and make sure he doesn't get ich because of all the stress the other fish has given it? What else should I do?

6 lines get aggressive that is just the way it is. I always recommend different wrasses because 6 lines can not be added with other wrasses.

The fish you describe is probably a Royal Gramma or Pseudochromis . They like to fight over territory but they should be ok.

The dottyback died during the night. We put him in the 10g tank late last night but I believe the wrasse hurt him enough to kill him. I would have moved him sooner but we had company over. We learn from mistakes.

I too am very sorry. In the future if you have fighting I have found that shutting off the lights will restore calmness and everyone will go to their corner for a while. Again I`m sorry.

Back
Top Bottom