60 gallon cube stand build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SFAquariums1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all! I've Been building stands for quite some time now and have never been stumped, but this build is stumping me. It is for a 60 gallon rimless cube and I had my plan, however I read one post on a forum that said I have to change the entire design because all the weight for rimless cubes are carried on the bottom? Can anyone shed some light on this? Show some diy builds or give ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had the top of the stand open. Obviously I had supports on the sides and corners, but the top of the stand didn't have anything covering it. And someone told me it was doomed for failure because the entire bottom pane of glass carries the weight in the center on rimless

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Middle brace and throw some plywood on top with a foam pad...then you won't have any stress points on certain corners and weight distributed with the foam insulation pad that are common at Home Depot. I'm not an expert and have never had a rimless. Just going off forums and continuos reading.

Back
Top Bottom