60 or 75 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I might get a summer job at a local shop. With all the money I'm thinking of buying a stand and a 60 or 75 gallon saltwater tank. Any stocking ideas. If I can't find any cool ones, I might just stick with 2 Angelfish, a goldfish, and some nanos for a freshwater. Please help!

Is this your first saltwater tank? Not sure what you mean by gold fish and nano fish for freshwater? Deciding in what you want to keep is not a bad thing to begin with as most people's dream fish belong in massive tanks! But also it will determine reef or fish only and that can you what kind of equipment you will need. Good size to start tho!

Yes, my first one. I meant if I don't get any good saltwater ideas, I will just do a freshwater instead with goldfish and nanos. I like clownfish and angels. Hippo tangs and Pufferfish are another possibility

Its difficult to go with an open-ended question like that. Different people like different fish. I suggest looking at places like liveaquaria or bluezoo, pay attention to the suggested minimum tank sizes and see what YOU like. Run your list by everyone to be sure it will work. There are lots of great fish that will work for a 75...smaller Tangs (Kole, Tomini, Two Spot, etc not Blue/Hippo, Yellow, etc), dwarf or Pygmy angels, several wrasses, some anthias, basically there are lots of great options. :). Do 75 if given the choice though.

That's the hardest part of starting a saltwater tank 0.o My next step up is upgrading to a 40 breeder and then I have at least 3 more years to plan out my monster 300g dream reef! :)

If money is an issue than FOWLR is a good option because the lighting on tanks costs a ton, but most people will gleefully argue that the cost of an expensive light is WELL worth the ability to keep a reef tank.

Just throwing this out there, but tropical fish, like angelfish, and goldfish do not go well together. Angels need warm water and goldfish need cold water. If you do not end up going SW, do some research on goldies and tropical fish you are interested in so you can decide which you'd rather have.

aqadvisor.com can be helpful for basic stocking ideas or talking to folks in the freshwater forums. :)

Back
Top Bottom