65 Gal. aquarium...what do you recommend???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

66deuce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What type of fish should I get and how many of each? What kind of janitor crew do I need to keep this thing properly clean? This is my first salt water tank and I want to do it right.

do ya want fish only or are ya gonna use live rock and get corals?? it makes a huge difference :)

A good way to start is to pick one or two fish that you absolutely gotta have and then look at what kind of tank mates go with those.

Start with cheap ones! :lol: Seriously, false percs (Nemo) are hardy and cheap (mellow fish of the damsel family). The other damsels, yellow tail, domino, etc..., are hardy and cheap but plan on returning them later or having really tough fish in the future, cause damsels are pig headed and very territorial!

scuba_steve said:
do ya want fish only or are ya gonna use live rock and get corals?? it makes a huge difference :)

I want live rock and corals with my fish. :D

http://www.reeftopia.com/Crabs_and_Snails218.html
imo this is the best place for snails :)
buy the book to buy for fish research is marine fish by scott w. michael
dodge the damsels then for sure !!! the biggest thing to learn is take your time !! best to get rock cycle tank add snails !! im not a hermit fan myself ! then do alot of research on your fish choices :) but this is a great site and everyones happy to help :)

hey scuba_steve I am looking at that site there are some very good deals but I can't find shipping charges...only s/h free on orders >$120?

not sure on that! ive ordered from them 3x now but always go with the free shipping !! call them for a quote they are great people to deal with :) also this last time i got 200 snails and like 30 didnt make it which was the first time that happened my guess was cause we shipped in the summer !! normally your better to order live stock during the spring/fall when its a bit cooler !! but anyway they credited my card the $9 for the dead snails :)

Back
Top Bottom