65 gallon build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jscholfield

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
65 gallon reef!

Need lighting! Thinking of a marineland reef capable led 36-46. Yay or nay?

Try posting in another salt water section if you don't get a answer :)

Getting live coral! recommended lighting anyone? Thinking of a marineland 24-36 or 36-48 reef capable led. Which would be better

jscholfield said:
Getting live coral! recommended lighting anyone? Thinking of a marineland 24-36 or 36-48 reef capable led. Which would be better

I advise against the marineland. Many had used them including myself and they are not quality light at all. Also they will only support low light corals.

ive never used these lights for my reef but from ive heard the wont even sustain low light corals. i have one on my qt tank and it works great for that but thats about it

jscholfield said:
What do you recommend

Depends what your trying to grow and how much your willing to spend. Not much is going to come to the cheapness of the marinelands.

Are you looking to go strictly with LED's? If so, there are a lot of options. If not, you can go with a T5 fixture, anywhere between 4-8 lamps depending on you need. Also, you have metal halide as an option.

Back
Top Bottom