70 gallon soft reef (for now) bulid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah that's down the road, I couldn't afford to start off reef, so I figure I will keep adding base rock little by little. Just add some mushrooms and some softies for now. I just noticed something is it a mushroom?

image-1663225716.jpg

It's really hard to see in the pic but it almost looks like aipatsia : l

Very bad... Release spores when torn or ripped which become new aiptasia, leave "buds" of new aiptasia in its path, and can sting corals to death. There are a few ways to treat which aiptasiaX is one of the best methods but before you go blasting it with aiptasiaX or lemon juice let's get a positive ID because thru the haze it is very hard to tell, almost just a silhouette.

Not much lol it looks like it may be a nem but until your tank clears up some more still hard to tell. Share a pic with us tomorrow and we should be able to see then :)

You know, I still can't say for sure. How big are they? Color?

Ya those are mushrooms for sure. Good score as hitchhikers! Super hardy too so they should make it through cycle fine...

There about the size of a nickel-quarter. The guy I bought them from said he had some red and green mushrooms and showed then to me but they weren't looking to good bc they has been in container with no light except a little sun on top. I looked up apatsia (sp) and only saw ones with tentacles. These have no tentacles. Do they start off with tentacles or do they get them later. Here's a different angle.

image-562285820.jpg

Ya there right its mushrooms. The larger one almost looked like an aiptasia with its tentacles balled up which is common when parameters are outta whack like during a cycle. Sorry for the scare just wasn't sure lol

Animal-Chin said:
Ya those are mushrooms for sure. Good score as hitchhikers! Super hardy too so they should make it through cycle fine...

Oh good, I see smaller ones on another rock but they don't look as alive as those. Any ideas on the snail? I rearranged some rocks does it look like it has enough caves, crevices, ect.

image-916724175.jpg

image-3204339783.jpg

image-1901666502.jpg

image-1482969392.jpg

Ya they will go everywhere and knock anything over that isnt glued down lol

Oh that's not good maybe he should be a refugium snail. What ate some good CUC to start with and do I get those with my 1st fish?

day 3 cycle
Ammonia is still at .05( kinda confused about this one.
Nirtrate 20
Nitrite 0
pH 8.5

Any ideas why ammonia went drastically down 1st day and hasn't gone down since? Thanks.

Day 4 fish less cycle

Ammonia: 0
pH: 8.5
Nitrate: 15
Nitrite: 0

So, I added 2 tsps of ammonia( I found a calculator to get amount) to get it up to 4ppm again and see how long it takes to get it back down. How many times do I need to get it converted in 24 hrs before I know it cycled? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom