72 bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far my 2 occ. clowns.
2 black and white clowns
Blue hippo tang
Fairy wrasse
1 purple firefish (because I already have it)
So far that's all I have in mind.

And the corals are too many to list :p

So far my 2 occ. clowns.
2 black and white clowns
Blue hippo tang
Fairy wrasse
1 purple firefish (because I already have it)
So far that's all I have in mind.

And the corals are too many to list :p

Other than the hippo tang I don't see a problem.

Four clowns in a 72g is not gonna work out long term. I wouldnt even put two pairs in my 180g. They will eventually fight and kill one pair off. I had that in my 125g and barely rescued the one pair before they were killed.
:-(
And no blue tang. Sorry. Wway too much a swimmer, too large and ich magnets if not in the right enviroment.

I've seen 2 pairs of clowns in many tanks and they have been doing fine for years

Just telling you the most common thing that happens. I didnt make it up, its true. :)

There are some cases where it works but 9 times out of 10 there will be issues. If you wanna take the chance thats your call, but I wouldnt do it myself. Watching the one pair beat on my other pair so bad that they were hiding behind my thermometer turned me off to the idea. It was brutal, one of the nastiest things I've seen with my tanks. And I keep some nasty fish so thats saying something

When I'm moving coral from my 29 biocube with stock lighting, to my 72 with 6bulb T5s, do I need lots of acclimation for my corals? The last thing I want Is my brain coral to bleach.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397575423.772869.jpg
This is it so far! It's been up for 2 days. My ammonia levels are .5ppm. What should they rise to when the tank is cycling before they drop?

Back
Top Bottom