72 bowfront built in overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlucero

Aquarium Advice Newbie
According to Oceanics site, the two holes on the bottom are for drainage and for bringing the water back in. Can someone tell me how the previous owner had this set up? Is it two drainage flows on the bottom while the pump (from the wet dry) puts water back in? The pipe running up from one drain baffles me, since it is higher than the water could flow into from the overflow. The water from the sump can run through that pump on the bottom and back to the tank (I assume.) I hope the pictures can help you all understand what I am saying.

Also the other hole is flush with the bottom of the overflow.

Attachments

• _MG_0618.jpg
    _MG_0618.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 110
  • _MG_0621.jpg
    _MG_0621.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 95
  • _MG_0624.jpg
    _MG_0624.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 90
Most likely there was a 90 degree elbow and then some loc-line taking that pipe to connect into the water column for the return. So basically, you'll turn and extend the pipe you have so that it can spit the return water into the tank. The other whole then becomes your drain

Ok I see. So I can just take off that other end (the return in the bottom picture) and run the pump through the hose to that pipe return (after I get an elbow to return it). Is that what you mean?

Here is the kit and it will show you how it all works

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 161
Yeah put a 90 degree elbow on my return with the drainpipe set as low as it would get and it works fine. Use flexible platic tubes on the 90 degree return. Works like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom