72 bowfront stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish4ever

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is my stocking idea for my 72 gallon reef. If anyone has any ideas let me know

Flame angel
Yellow tang
Blue goby
Longnose butterfly
Fox face lo / one spot
2 black clowns
Diamond goby
Mandarin pair
Pygmy angel
Bicolor goatfish

A pair of mandarins will need a lot of live rock to support pods id wait until the tank is up and running at 1 year The yellow tang will out grow a 72 gal very fast better to find another yellow fish maybe a lemon peel.

Ya I wasn't getting mandarins for a while a year or two and if the tang outgrows it my parents have a 120g I can put him there

And I'll have a 20 gallon refugium plus my in sump refugium so ill have lots of pods after a while when I get money to buy them

I was just at the lfs and they had a spotted and a green I was like why do to taunt me!!! But I got an extreme misbar ocellaris for 16$

Sweet! Those impulse buys are the worst. Iv'e been waiting a year for the "right" clam and every time my wife and i go to the LFS she says look at this one it's on sale lol

This is my stocking idea for my 72 gallon reef. If anyone has any ideas let me know

Flame angel
Yellow tang
Blue goby
Longnose butterfly
Fox face lo / one spot
2 black clowns
Diamond goby
Mandarin pair
Pygmy angel
Bicolor goatfish

Shouldn't have 2 dwarf angels in one tank; they'll likely fight. And as a side note: the angels and butterfly may eat your reef. :(

Ya I'm not having a lot of coral and I already have the Pygmy angel (which is an inch or so) and doesn't touch any corals but I've herd the butterflies are 50/50 and even if I put the 2 Angels in at the same time will they still fight as much

Maybe instead of one of the angels a powder brown tang?

You really need a larger tank with your taste in fish :ermm: the PBT will need a 125 gal in order to be happy

Ya I know but it's going in my room so it was either a 72 or a 90 and all the 90s on Craigslist were sold

Ya but I don't got room no more than 50" but ill prob just have a small yellow tang

Back
Top Bottom