72g Bow Front Stand Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TygGer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Maybe someone with a 72g tank/stand can help me out. I saw both the AGA and Oceanic bow front stand at my LFS and did not have a measuring tape on hand. I wanted to know what size sump I could fit underneath either the AGA or Oceanic stand.

The AGA stand had 2 wooden doors and the Oceanic had 1 glass door in the center. I am probably going to buy a smaller glass tank to use as a sump as oppose to building one from scratch... wanted to know which size tank would fit through the stand door/s.

In case of an emergency, I would like to be able to remove the sump from the front door/s once everything is setup. Moving the tank off the stand would not be an option.

Thanks

I have the Oceanic 72 gal BF reef-ready setup. the Oceanic stand has one glass door in the middle while the AGA stand has two wood doors. Honestly, for access I liked the AGA stand better, but went with the Oceanic because it appeared to be a little better quality, tank and stand. have a pro-clear 150 sump in the stand with room to spare. I bet you could get a pro-clear 200 in there. If is was to do it over again, I would have gooten the bigger sump. If you want I can give you the dimentions of my current sump. Hope this helps...Lando

hello i have the 72g bow with an aga stand my sump is a tall 20g 24x12.5x16.5. never tried to take mine out when i set it up i put it through the back. it looks like it should fit through the front door. it will depend on how far fromthe wall you are. :roll:

lando said:
I have the Oceanic 72 gal BF reef-ready setup. the Oceanic stand has one glass door in the middle while the AGA stand has two wood doors. Honestly, for access I liked the AGA stand better, but went with the Oceanic because it appeared to be a little better quality, tank and stand. have a pro-clear 150 sump in the stand with room to spare. I bet you could get a pro-clear 200 in there. If is was to do it over again, I would have gooten the bigger sump. If you want I can give you the dimentions of my current sump. Hope this helps...Lando

I agree, the Oceanic stand looks better (higher quality and more modern). But I might just get the Oceanic tank with the AGA stand for two reasons: 1. better access, like you said 2. I think the AGA stand will insulate the sound much better than the glass door. Since this is going in my bedroom, I need it to be as quiet as possible.

Do you remember if the Oceanic door is larger than the 1 of the 2 AGA doors?

Also, if you don't mind, the dimensions for you sump would be great! Do you have a link to the pro-clear sumps?

hello i have the 72g bow with an aga stand my sump is a tall 20g 24x12.5x16.5. never tried to take mine out when i set it up i put it through the back. it looks like it should fit through the front door. it will depend on how far fromthe wall you are.

Thanks. I'm afraid I will have to put the tank/stand as close to the wall as possible since it's going into my room.

You know, Pro-Clear does not have a web site that I could find. Just do goodle search and find on-line retailers for them for more info. It is a good sump, I got the one with the built-in skimmer. As for the stands...Check the sturdiness of both. The Oceanic stand has a full top on it with just a cut out for plumbing if your get a reef-ready tank. I am not sure it the AGA stand is open on the top or covered. If you are planning on getting a reef-ready tank, then get stand and tank that go together. The door in the Oceanic is pretty big. It does allow for decent access to everything under the stand. Best thing to do is to find both of them locally so you can do a good comparison. Lando

I did do a search for proclear sumps, but all I was getting was proclear wet/dry filters. Is this what you are using as a sump? I didnt specifically find a "sump" without the filter section.

Thanks lando

Sorry, wrong info. Try a search for Aqua Clear Aquatic Systems. That should help. It is considered wet/dry filtration.

Most don't use a wet/dry filter unless they already have one, and if so, they usually remove the bioballs and use it as a sump.

Back
Top Bottom