$75.00 55 gallon Saltwater Aquarium Full Setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The nitrate levels I expected, in all honesty. Moving a 3 year old tank is releasing a TON of nutrients that were trapped in the sand and around the rocks into the water column. Large water changes to bring that down to 0 would be a grand idea to give you a fresh starting point.

We're slowly getting there. I've worked out a deal with lfs for fresh saltwater. The owners wife told me to write down questions, and a fish wishlist and she'd go over it with us. I love my lfs, though 6 months ago they went strictly saltwater, now I get to visit more often.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The nitrate levels I expected, in all honesty. Moving a 3 year old tank is releasing a TON of nutrients that were trapped in the sand and around the rocks into the water column. Large water changes to bring that down to 0 would be a grand idea to give you a fresh starting point.

Some purigen might help too while your getting through the nutrient increase from the stirring up of debris.
Placement of your pumps and power heads is really dependent on watching for dead spots(areas with no movement). I did this in a very unscientific method.
First I tied tinsel a few pieces of my rock. Then I picked finger fulls of sand from the tank and placed in front of my circulation pumps. And watched where it clumped. I then moved to the pumps to equal least number of dead spots and where most floating debris flowed to my overflow. Not sure how needed this was tbh.

That is a strange stocking list

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom